Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

10 hours ago, pandaman said:

Well, it is a Pre-Release version intended for player testing to find and filter out more bugs, before ACTUAL release, so it should be expected really.  The trick, and the intention behind the pre-release, is for players to report them as well as they can to help the devs fix them before ACTUAL full release.

which is why i said I'll wait... let you ....nice people... I mean... mugs... find them for me... errr... sorry. :)

7 hours ago, Terwin said:

Sounds like you are good at finding bugs.

If you want a bug-free 1.2 release, you should really load up the early release build and report all the bugs(with reproduction steps) in the pre-release bug tracker.

That way you can help get those bugs fixed for everyone.

Read my last few posts....

:)

2 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Naa.... I'll wait for you mugs....errr..... lovely people.... to find all the bugs first! :)

Besides.... playing World of Warships.... virtually NO bugs in that game.... :)

OOhhhhh... another "WoW sailor"????

... if you are casually passing by on EU server, search "CapitanoAraym"...
Maybe I can shot you... erhm... say "hi" to you, waiting a stable release (and the tons of updated mods I'm using...) :P

Just now, Araym said:

OOhhhhh... another "WoW sailor"????

... if you are casually passing by on EU server, search "CapitanoAraym"...
Maybe I can shot you... erhm... say "hi" to you, waiting a stable release (and the tons of updated mods I'm using...) :P

I have a fleet of 13 ships.... so be careful who you fire at... the destroyer you sink today can be a battleship tomorrow... :)

I'll hunt you down, in a nice way... and maybe we can team up. I'll PM you on WoW (EU) ... my name there is Kiwi1960 .... amazingly. :)

Just now, Nightmare said:

Hm Kiwi that reminds me of someone of Battlefield times...

But nice stable 1.2 i must say and some really cool addings like the fairings...

"stable" and "fairing" cannot be used in the same sentence. Whenever you change any video settings in 1.2 it deletes your fairings. I'm talking about when your actually flying too, not in the VAB. I got a great video of it that is uploading right now. I'll post a link in a minute.

10 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I have a fleet of 13 ships.... so be careful who you fire at... the destroyer you sink today can be a battleship tomorrow... :)

I'll hunt you down, in a nice way... and maybe we can team up. I'll PM you on WoW (EU) ... my name there is Kiwi1960 .... amazingly. :)

... except russian (not particulary interested), I basically still have anything I used from t.3 to t.8 from Japan, USA and Germany (uhm... actually in the german I saved only the latest tier 7 and 8) so pay attention you too: I have a pretty big fleet to hunt not only a DD, but also a BB......... :cool:

EDIT: ... yeah yeah... it's not a WoW forum here, so let the "threats" go there :P 

Edited by Araym

5 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiHflhpyCq4&feature=youtu.be

Heres that link. I didnt post the actual vid because this isnt the place for bug reports. If anyone could direct to that thread i would appreciate it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/84-12-pre-release-bug-tracker/

I'd like to share my experience with the 1.2.-1 version of KSP.

Downloaded the Mac version from the Store. Then I walked away while it pulled it in. When I returned, I launched the Launcher to get the video settings right. Then I launched the game itself.

I was immediately impressed both by the aspect of the loading scene and by the alacrity with which the loading bar sped across the screen. I'm a mod-heavy guy, though, so I'm not sure how that actually compares to 1.1.

As the title screen floated before me, I checked all my settings. Once they seemed in order, I loaded up a new Sandbox save and entered the SPH.

And stopped dead.

The framerate was pegged at a rock-solid 25FPS. Buttons took their sweet time to register mouseover. An orange truck made its way chunkily across my screen. It was painful. I sat in my seat, baffled.

Orange truck?

Suddenly I realized I'd missed a setting. After firing the Space Center Crew, I returned to the SPH to find buttery smoothness. I flew the Aeris 3A a couple times, crashed it because the sim speed is too fast since the update (or so I tell myself). I took my mining rig, the Scarab, out for a spin--no popped tires! Which was particularly suprising for this craft, since it basically lived on its landing gear because of the fragile tires. Energized, I built a little one-Jeb buggy, which drove admirably, and took jumps like a beast. And then I went to make a crazy flexible chassis testbed.

And sighed heavily.

The wheels' Autostrut parameter included the word "Locked." This saddened me, since my hour and a half was nearly up, and I didn't have time to make .cfg edits. So, I put it off until tomorrow.

The FPS improvement is really impressive on my side. Well done !

Also the KerbNet system seems really great. I especially liked the "complete loss of control for probes" option in the difficulty settings.

With even more polishing, that v1.2 is going to be a great one ! :cool:

5 hours ago, blejzu said:

I'm playing on Mac and I've noticed huge performance degradation. AVB is almost unusable. But once the rocket is launched performance is quite normal. Can someone else confirm the same problem?

Check the debug window debug output (or output_log.txt) - if it's spewing hundreds of errors per second, it'll lag like crazy.

Edited by Waz

5 hours ago, blejzu said:

I'm playing on Mac and I've noticed huge performance degradation. AVB is almost unusable. But once the rocket is launched performance is quite normal. Can someone else confirm the same problem?

Try turning off the Space Center Crew. Fixed it for me.

21 minutes ago, tyler45455 said:

in scott manleys video about 1.2 he showed off being able to set the priority of how the fuel drains, i can not seem to figure out how to do that. is that feature not in for 1.2 anymore?

No it's there. I set a particularly pesky rocket up to drain fuel backwards and it worked like a charm.

It may be an "Advanced Tweakables" option. You can set that in Settings (outside of a game, off the first menu when you start) I think, or somewhere in the Alt-F12 menu.

1 hour ago, tjt said:

Porkjet's new MK1 pod is great, but the bottom is so rounded and elongated that it extends through and past the 1.5M heat shield...Not sure the heat shield will provide any protection.

Those parts are unfinished, no wonder you got issues. :wink:

Had the same during an aggressive mun reentry and the shield proved useless, had to use cheats to survive.

Edited by Temeter

8 hours ago, genbrien said:

anyone noticed new landging legs deployment sounds?

They sound like a cartoon power drill.  They don't really match the animations either.  I'm not sure I like them tp be honest.

Overall, 1.2 seems pretty good. KSPedia needs updating, hopefully that goes in before its released. Porkjet's parts look fab, I hope they get in soon and that 0.625 and 2.5m get the same treatment.  I really like the new high gain antenna. 

Why has KSPUtil.dll been removed? And will it be added back or is there a alternative to it? It is important for my mod Syncrio to work.

Edit: Never mind I got it.

Edited by Caylis1397

51 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@tyler45455 welcome to the forums!

However, if that flow priority item is not showing up for a tank, then no, you do not have advanced tweakables enabled. Go back to Space Center view, hit Esc, go to Settings, and toggle Advanced Tweakables to on. Then go back to the VAB.

thanks for welcoming me, ive been playing since the game released but i never really got on the forums :)

Perform orbital survey is missing in the action menu.

Hello. I put some satellites in polar orbit arround Kerbin, in the recommended alttitude. When I click on the m700 it deployed the antena, but the option of perform orbital survey is missing. Instead, I got the option window as if the orbital survey were performed (cut+,  cut-, overlay, resource...), but it didn't. Resources where not overlayed in the vessel screen nor in the map screen.

I had no mods, I also delete the whole game and re-downloaded from Steam. But the issue persisted.

I run all test in sandbox mode. Interestingly, in the scenario of exploring Eeloo, the perform orbital survey was available, but I didn't see the Comm network indicator.

Great upgrade, anyhow. Congrats to all Squad staff.