This made me laugh!

X-SR71

19 hours ago, X-SR71 said:

Doing a new career in 1.2. Forgot about these funny science descriptions :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763320101

If you haven't yet, go to Laythe and do some EVA reports on the surface. There's actually two different descriptions and you may have to try a couple of times to get the second, but it's also very funny..

I also remember there's a pretty cool one that pops up once every few tries when activating the Science Jr around Jool referencing Space Odyssey 2001.

16 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Another fun reference is that if you advance one character from 'H A L' you get 'I B M' :P

Apparently Arthur C. Clarke was a bit embarrassed about that. In 2010: Odyssey Two, this exchange takes place:

"Is it true, Dr. Chandra, that you chose the name HAL to be one step ahead of IBM?"

"Utter nonsense! Half of us come from IBM and we've been trying to stamp out that story for years. I thought that by now every intelligent person knew that H-A-L is derived from Heuristic ALgorithmic."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.