Kerbal Kiosk for Interactive Space Museum Venue: Yes?

cls

In a museum setting, Kerbal Space Program would be COOL, but very high maintenance out-of-the-box for the casual visitor (e.g. dedicated docents keep people trapped while configuring and testing lengthy missions). I'm thinking about something more self-serve, freeing up time for docents to move around and open up a display for additional users.

A dream (without much knowledge about KSP add-ons or functionality...yet):
Create a kiosk app that lets people choose a few options in a visual menu system (not in KSP yet). Wing configuration, body type, rocket length, stage options, etc.,. Will it make it to orbit??? The kiosk app creates a script and launches KSP with options. Kerbal people nod at each other and the rocket launches. Fail or success?? You will see, then have the option to try again. Bonus: share with your friends via the touch screen kiosk (post-flight kiosk feature). No keyboard. No mouse. No KSP menus unrelated to kiosk goals. Just touch and go and repeat.

Does this seem remotely possible? I see an extensive API and add-on capabilities. This looks like a great start! Worst case, I see recording several options and playing videos based on selections. This does get complex to handle with more options though.

I don't need specifics, but good clues will help me get started.

Thanks for taking a look!

Edited by cls
edited title

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.