Adding levels of time warp

Superfluous J

I should really title this "Not adding levels of time warp" because I can't figure out how to do it :)

I've got this little bit of code:

TimeWarp timeWarp = (TimeWarp)FindObjectOfType(typeof(TimeWarp));
            print("WarpConfigurator.warprates before: (" + timeWarp.warpRates.Length + ") ");
            for (int i = 0; i < timeWarp.warpRates.Length; i++)
            {
                print(i + ": " + timeWarp.warpRates[i]);
            }
            Array.Resize(ref timeWarp.warpRates, timeWarp.warpRates.Length + 2);
            timeWarp.warpRates[timeWarp.warpRates.Length-2] = timeWarp.warpRates[timeWarp.warpRates.Length-3] * 10;
            timeWarp.warpRates[timeWarp.warpRates.Length-1] = timeWarp.warpRates[timeWarp.warpRates.Length-2] * 10;
            print("WarpConfigurator.warprates after: (" + timeWarp.warpRates.Length + ") ");
            for (int i = 0; i < timeWarp.warpRates.Length; i++)
            {
                print(i + ": " + timeWarp.warpRates[i]);
            }

And here's what ends up in my log (with unimportant stuff trimmed)

WarpConfigurator.warprates before: (8) 
0: 1
1: 5
2: 10
3: 50
4: 100
5: 1000
6: 10000
7: 100000
WarpConfigurator.warprates after: (10) 
0: 1
1: 5
2: 10
3: 50
4: 100
5: 1000
6: 10000
7: 100000
8: 1000000
9: 1E+07

So, I know the numbers are there. However, in the game when I use > to speed up time, when I get to level 7 it stops just like always.

Is there something else I need to set? Some variable that specifies the maximum warp level? I can't find one, and don't even know where to look.

17 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Maybe it'll help you to look at the source of BetterTimeWarp here: https://github.com/HappyFaceIndustries/BetterTimeWarp

Unfortunately the author hasn't had time to work on it for quite a while, so it's still stuck on KSP 1.0.5... but hey, who knows.

I actually did look at that, and WarpUnlocker. Neither change the number of steps, from what I can tell.

In case anybody else ever stumbles on this, I found out the problem. That above code was fine, the problem was I did not resize each world's timeWarpAltitudeLimits array. The ">" keypress won't go further than that array's size.

Here's the code that worked with the above code:

foreach (CelestialBody iCelestialBody in FlightGlobals.Bodies)
            {
                Array.Resize(ref iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits, timeWarp.warpRates.Length);
/*                for (int i = 0; i < iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits.Length; i++)
                {
                    iCelestialBody.timeWarpAltitudeLimits[i] = 0;
                } */
            }

The part I commented out, if you remove the commenting, will unlock time warp no matter how close you are to a world's surface or atmosphere. Expect to see the whole shebang soon in a little mod for 1.2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.