Texture issues

Hello.

So i was playing KSP and desided to load more mods on it. so i downloaded 3 new mods and then, this happenedmbeCggQ.png

somehow i got 2 textures on my SpaceY 5M fuel tanks.

this happened after i loaded these three mods:

Cormorant Aeronology

NASA CountDown

OPT Space Plane Parts

This is my Gamedata folder. i hope there is someone better then me who could find a way to fix this problem

wHhwUdi.png

First step would be to visit @NecroBones fantastic thread and reads through the wonderfully detailed FAQ which states:

Problem: Fuel tanks or SRBs flash different colors, with glitchy "z-fighting":

Usually it boils down to one of a few different things. Now that I've seen probably most of them, I can give you a good list:

1. Everything is installed correctly, but ModuleManager's cache hasn't noticed the changes yet.

Fix: This is a great one to try first. Delete the file called "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" in GameData. ModuleManager recreates it on the next KSP start.

2. ModuleManager isn't installed.

Fix: Install it. :)

3. This mod is installed incorrectly, or you've deleted the color-change ModuleManager configs.

Fix: Reinstall the mod correctly, and in its entirety. The MM config files include rules for what to do when color-changing isn't available, so please don't delete those.

4. Firespitter and/or InterstellarFuelSwitch are installed, but not functioning.

Fix: The most likely cause is that the version of FS or IFS doesn't work with your version of KSP (for instance, you upgraded to KSP 1.1, and the mod is meant for 1.0.5 or earlier), or your copy is only partially installed. Delete it, and install the latest version of it. 

5. ModuleManager thinks color-changing is available via Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch, but neither is installed.

Fix: This is a little trickier to pinpoint. Either another mod has bad rules in it (for instance using "FOR[Firespitter]" instead of "NEEDS[Firespitter]") and is therefore tricking ModuleManager, or one of these two mods is only partially installed. That could happen if you removed them via CKAN but the directories still exist, which ModuleManager will see as having them installed. To fix, either make sure both of those mods are completelyuninstalled, or install one (or both) of them. Only the DLL from one of them is needed, you don't need the entire mod. But it needs to be running if ModuleManager thinks its there.

6. It's possible that another mod may be confused that changes how VAB/SPH tweakables or engine shrouds work.

This is an odd case, but not impossible. When you don't have Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed, the alternate paint jobs are disabled by turning them into "engine shrouds" that correspond to an attachment node that is a kilometer outside the VAB. If another mod interferes with this, such as defaulting all shrouds to "on" even when detached, then you might also see z-fighting. Sadly, the solution might be to simply not use the mods together.

Looks like you have 3 different versions of module manager so removing all but the latest version is definitely your first port of call before anything else.

Step two if any of the above doesn't work is to back track and remove each new mod individually (leaving SpaceY in place) until you figure out which mod is causing the issues.  Then visit the relevant mod's page and check for any known issue.  Feel free to request further assistance in this thread if the above doesn't solve your problem :)

Edit:  Also welcome to the forum :)

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.