[1.1.3] USS Prometheus

JadeOfMaar

weDgT97.jpg

4SJHMPS.jpg  6NdbkZJ.jpg

Waiting on Procedural Parts and Wings to catch up to KSP 1.2.

I was encouraged to make additional and preferably older Trek ships. On my way to finding and settling on the Excelsior Class known for USS Enterprise B, I stumbled on this one. I figured it would be a breeze since this, the Nebula class, is very similar to the Galaxy Class. I also went ahead and did this because ships in this class tend to do patrol and courier missions, and sensor sweeps, and the tail-mount up top seems to generally hold the scanner parts! Deciding this a very worthy ship to be Kerbalized, and to serve in KerbNet I ensured that there is some cargo space. Since the tail-mount is different per ship in the Nebula Class, I made it to be swappable via senior Clamp-O-Tron for whatever other purpose or specifics you have.

Specs and tips:

• Carries 49 kerbals but there's plenty room to add more crew cabins. (The part count is nearly 200 so there already isn't more of them.)
  • Saucer section is Procedural Parts with 18m diameter and Kerbal Hacks: Procedural Parts Textures.
  • Elliptical caps inside the nacelle fronts are Procedural Parts Extended.
  • Neck is a stock Structural Pylon.
  • Tail mount is B9 Procedural Wings Modified.
  • Most other body parts include Mk2 Stockalike Extension.
  • The visible Mk2 engines are Ion drives from the aforementioned mod, purely for aesthetics.
  • The warp drive is GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It provides its own RCS translation power but not rotation power. It might not show up in Staging.
  • Tweakscale.
  • Nacelle lights are Surface Mounted Lights for Self illumination.
  • Right-click a GN Drive and turn on Trans-AM to use warp/kraken/whatever speed. Do not use in atmosphere with this ship. The tail might burst or disorient the ship. This drains the engines and ends itself then. If you only have one drive (lose one by damage?), you may lose this option and a portion of your agility.
  • The fuel is locked inside the Mk2 tails on the saucer to not get wasted by the RCS.
  • On spawn at runway, press 3 and kill throttle. Then you can safely detach clamps.
  • The real ship does not have visible impulse engines so there's no "T1" or "NF" stuff here.

Action groups:

1. Toggle Ion and Warp Drives.
  2. -
  3. Make positive gravioli. Toggle Antigravity.

Downloads:

KerbalX

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.