[0.16] Larger Stock Parts

ddavis425

This is a collection of parts stock parts that have been scaled up to match the new large parts. These are all .cfg edits that use the new rescale factor, and also have been re-balanced to match their new size. If you have any problems or suggestions regarding more upscaled parts, feel free to ask.

Current Parts:

ASAS Module

SAS Module

RCS Tank

Aerodynamic Nose Cone

Stack Tricoupler

If the ASAS or SAS don\'t seem strong enough or are too strong, it is because I have yet to edit their Ki, Kp, and Kd parameters.

All credit for the models and textures goes to Squad, I simply just rescaled and rebalanced the parts.

Download 1.2

RnmvK.jpg

I thank you so, so much. That was my main concern for 0.16 when I got my hands on it - The lack of bigger RCS, SAS and ASAS.

Is there a way to make the launchpad bigger, too? I would want my trusted designs to work :C

PS - They probably still wouldn\'t. The new parts are like porcelain!

This is great, while building I was thinking a lot about these.

IMO they\'re a little too large though, they should be the diameter they are now but only half as tall (are the new fuel tanks 2m and the old ones 1m? I\'m not sure if it\'s double or not).

Having an 'Expanded Stock Parts' mod would be cool too, are you up for doing that? I was thinking things like a 2m to 1m fuel tank (which, obviously, you could use either way).

If you don\'t know how to model yourself then shoot me a PM, I\'d be willing to model/texture if you do the config stuff (I\'d prefer leave balance up to someone else). I haven\'t given the new part tools a go yet though, so I\'ll have to download and learn them.

I know how to model, but I\'m going to leave the creation of new parts to someone else. These just use the rescale factors and some other cfg edits, as a quick solution until more parts are made.

Also, since I\'ll be gone for a few days, I\'ve updated the file in the original post to include a larger SAS module and a larger Aerodynamic Nosecone.

Wait... I haven\'t gotten .16 yet. It doesn\'t come with upscaled SAS and ASAS? It\'s just larger fuel tanks, rockets, etc?

I\'m sure there are going to be stock parts of these types in the future, HarvesteR said 0.16 was more of a half-way point between the new and old part scales.

If you feel like it, keep it coming! Updates from the devs naturally take time, and I really love the new 1.75 module and the like (I do appreciate the 1 m module for short missions though), so yours are great to bridge the gap.

I did a little research after posting here. I found that comment from harvester about this being the 'halfway point' or whatever with the stock parts upgrades. I also found that you can still use these parts (the smaller ones). They look awkward, probably don\'t work as well with the re-balance, but they do still work.

ddavis425, than your parts won\'t be confused with the identical soon to be parts that the developers will fix eventually ? Even if now they are renamed different, they will look alike with the futures ones !

ddavis425, than your parts won\'t be confused with the identical soon to be parts that the developers will fix eventually ? Even if now they are renamed different, they will look alike with the futures ones !

So when they patch the game, then delete these?

I think i will install this. It\'s not hard to notice that 0.16 is incomplete. I don\'t blame Squad, because of their deadline. I just hope they fix it soon.

IIRC, they didn\'t have one.

Btw, Aerodynamic Nose Cone and tri-coupler are already big in 0.16 !

Don\'t you already have the not released 0.16.1 version? Because here at my clean OR EVEN patched version of KSP 0.16 ain\'t any of these... good work Ddavis... good thing that someone\'s made his time to rescale these obviously missing parts :)

• 4 weeks later...