[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

• 2 weeks later...

OK... I a complete idiot.  I, for the life of me, cannot get this to work.  I spent 45 minutes (following the directions on page one, BTW).  I click the unit and select 'Pick target on map', and then activate.  I go away and do other things, go back and the stupid rover is just sitting there... taunting me.  I have forward wheels steering and rear as drive wheels.  Have solar and batteries and cant get it to go even 2.5K. 

Can someone explain to this old man what is going on?  Please?

Get a message in yellow on top of screen saying something like "Rover unmanned.  max speed 80%" or something like that.  Tried all button configurations; but nothing works...

P.S.  Probably not the version... I could never get the mod to work.  Must be me. :kiss:

Edited by Fr8monkey

Here is my crappy rover I built...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Here we go...

37E4AA6DDE6682CCBB6DDCAF50734C63B73CCC5E

This looks like a good spot to try...

CFA322F376CA27FE8424E6652E15243093C0CA38

Click on "Pick target on map"...

36A22307009888D2714372C6AA8F9BE46FFA075D

Let's try a short trip to reduce mess ups...

8057499D177402FCBF333E0A47A4B8CC24458F7D

Pohali!!!  (Notice message below center top panel)

8B4E323E33E8E8196D4E0959B98CCD8B9ED04809

After 4 days...  No Pohali... :(

5EB3A75D0C53FCA5272D345C8EB6206B5579202C

Not being a jerk or being snarky.  I love the mod.  Works good with Rover Science mod... I guess.

Edited by Fr8monkey

12 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

Maybe telepathy upgrade is higher up in R&D...

Your comment is witty but sounds rude in this context. The mod author kindly implies that "no logs = no support". KSP log is very informative and helpful to modders in such situations, and they kindly offer their personal time to study an individual person's log to see where the problem is.

Edited by Enceos

Your comment is witty but sounds rude in this context. The mod author kindly implies that "no logs = no support". KSP log is very informative and helpful to modders in such situations, and they kindly offer their personal time to study an individual person's log to see where the problem is.

If someone wants something, Maybe hinting about it isn't the right way to do it...

https://www.dropbox.com/home/KSP log?preview=persistent.sfs

Edited by Fr8monkey

8 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

If someone wants something, Maybe hinting about it isn't the right way to do it...

https://www.dropbox.com/home/KSP log?preview=persistent.sfs

That's a savefile, the link to a thread I gave you describes exactly what modders need:

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Launch the game, go to the rover, use the BonVoyage module to pick the target on map, push the button "Poehali!!!" and exit the game, after that take the log and upload it to a dropbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.