[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

Hey @RealGecko :)  Love this mod, really saved my time (and sanity!) on a few missions already.

Just wondering if there's any plans on getting it to work with wheels from Kerbal Foundries Continued? Just spent 2 hours making an indestructible high speed golf cart, then realised it doesn't work with Bon Voyage ^^;  Is it something that could perhaps be moved to a config file with the part names of acceptable "wheels" so that us plebs could at least add new options by hand? :) 

I've had a look at the source of Bon Voyage. The plugin checks for the stock ModuleWheel module, so its not possible to add the KF wheels with just config editing. KF uses the KSPWheel module, which is a mod itself.

The Bon Voyage plugin needs to be modified to accept not only the stock wheel module, but also KSPWheel in order to work with KF.

Hi @RealGecko, I have a Karibou rover with MKS Ranger Power Pack as an EC source, so I was forced to do a little modification in function CalculateOtherPower() for USI reactors check (no way I'm driving that rover all over the Mun manually :wink: ). Here it is, if you want to add it to the next version:

// USI reactors and MKS Power Pack
ModuleResourceConverter converterModule = part.FindModuleImplementing<ModuleResourceConverter>();
if (converterModule != null) {
	if (converterModule.ModuleIsActive() && ((converterModule.ConverterName == "Reactor") || (converterModule.ConverterName == "Generator"))) {

On 2/13/2017 at 2:10 AM, eddiew said:

Hey @RealGecko :)  Love this mod, really saved my time (and sanity!) on a few missions already.

Just wondering if there's any plans on getting it to work with wheels from Kerbal Foundries Continued? Just spent 2 hours making an indestructible high speed golf cart, then realised it doesn't work with Bon Voyage ^^;  Is it something that could perhaps be moved to a config file with the part names of acceptable "wheels" so that us plebs could at least add new options by hand? :) 

subscribe to that, kerbal foundries has best wheels, also is it possible to add nuclear generators for ec consumption?

On 2/15/2017 at 0:25 PM, maja said:

Hi @RealGecko, I have a Karibou rover with MKS Ranger Power Pack as an EC source, so I was forced to do a little modification in function CalculateOtherPower() for USI reactors check (no way I'm driving that rover all over the Mun manually :wink: ). Here it is, if you want to add it to the next version:

// USI reactors and MKS Power Pack
ModuleResourceConverter converterModule = part.FindModuleImplementing<ModuleResourceConverter>();
if (converterModule != null) {
	if (converterModule.ModuleIsActive() && ((converterModule.ConverterName == "Reactor") || (converterModule.ConverterName == "Generator"))) {

is this working for interstellar reactors too?

3 hours ago, Acvila said:

is this working for interstellar reactors too?

I'm not using Interstellar, but you can test it yourself. Build a rover with reactor and test it around KSC. BV tells you, if you don't have valid EC source, when you click on Poehali button.

BonVoyage check of alternative power includes parts with modules ModuleGenerator (standard RTG), FissionGenerator (Near Future) and ModuleResourceConverter (USI). After brief look at Interstellar configs it looks like it has own power modules, which are incompatible with BV, but I can be mistaken.

Hmmm ok I am lost here

I click set target I pick a spot on map then I get

Bon Voyage after clicking poehal etc then vehicle just sits there no AI takes over? :(

EDIT

NM very sorry did not realise I had to exit vehicle to tracking station or another craft :) all works now sorry again :)

Edited by stk2008

This mod is a fantastic idea. I've been using it for a few missions, but noticed that if I switch to a rover with control lock active, I get extreme Unity stutter until I restart the game. Like every 25 seconds I'll get a bout of less than 1fps, lasting for 5 seconds. This only happens after switching to a control-locked rover. Anything Bon Voyage might be doing to trigger massive garbage collection? Nothing suspicious in KSP.log. Anyone else seeing this? Any additional logs or debug stuff I should check out?

KSP 1.2.2, latest ckan Boy Voyage, and more-than-capable PC/gfx.

Edited by podbaydoor
Clarity, found out stutter starts as soon as you switch to rover

All you need is reactor, converter from heat to electricity, and radiators. Converter needs to be atached to the reactor. When you press kspi widget you will know efficiency gave by radiators and converter because of heat. This is basic for first reactors.

Version 0.12.0 - "A bigger step for Kerbalkind" has reached it's destionation.

Fixes

• Change a few frequently called foreach loops to for by soulsource
  • Make Bon Voyage Autopilot part physicsless by Suprcheese
  • Close button calls appLauncherButton.SetFalse
  • Check for retracted solar panels
  • Average speed is now really average and not the maximum of any wheel's speed
  • Target 200 meters away from navpoint
  • Landing gears can be used as operable wheels by Kerbas-ad-astra
  • ModuleWheelBase used to determine if wheel is on the ground by Kerbas-ad-astra
  • Allow travelling "below" sea level if celestial body has no ocean

Changes

• KSPWheels support
  • Separate UI for module control, no mess in right click menu
  • Integrated UIFramework
  • Path compressed with lz-string-csharp to use less space in save file
  • Show route only for active rover
  • Interstellar reactors support

screenshot6

1 hour ago, RealGecko said:

Version 0.12.0 - "A bigger step for Kerbalkind" has reached it's destionation.

Fixes

• Change a few frequently called foreach loops to for by soulsource
  • Make Bon Voyage Autopilot part physicsless by Suprcheese
  • Close button calls appLauncherButton.SetFalse
  • Check for retracted solar panels
  • Average speed is now really average and not the maximum of any wheel's speed
  • Target 200 meters away from navpoint
  • Landing gears can be used as operable wheels by Kerbas-ad-astra
  • ModuleWheelBase used to determine if wheel is on the ground by Kerbas-ad-astra
  • Allow travelling "below" sea level if celestial body has no ocean

Changes

• KSPWheels support
  • Separate UI for module control, no mess in right click menu
  • Integrated UIFramework
  • Path compressed with lz-string-csharp to use less space in save file
  • Show route only for active rover
  • Interstellar reactors support

screenshot6

Many dreams comes to reality in a single moment! Thanks for this beautiful update.

Nope, if it's manned it will travel with up to 70% of wheel's max speed (average of max speeds in case you have different wheels on one rover), if it is unmanned it will have 80% speed penalty (5 times slower than manned). I thought about adding Kerbnet access requirement to drive successfully (kinda GPS navigation for manned rovers, execution of programmed commands for unmanned), but it'll require some work, so for now I denied the idea.

5 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Nope, if it's manned it will travel with up to 70% of wheel's max speed (average of max speeds in case you have different wheels on one rover), if it is unmanned it will have 80% speed penalty (5 times slower than manned). I thought about adding Kerbnet access requirement to drive successfully (kinda GPS navigation for manned rovers, execution of programmed commands for unmanned), but it'll require some work, so for now I denied the idea.

Im assuming you'll still need to have some sort of comms network allowing you to speak to your rover, right?

On 9/16/2016 at 3:23 PM, RealGecko said:

11. Go to tracking station...or launch a new vessel...or do whatever you want...

Should be highlighted as a necessary step... Smart people might figure this out, but it took me QUITE some time to do so :P

I was wondering why the darn thing wouldn't move... so I swore on it and went back to the KSC... then noticed it's icon was moving... DOH!!

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Should be highlighted as a necessary step... Smart people might figure this out, but it took me QUITE some time to do so :P

I was wondering why the darn thing wouldn't move... so I swore on it and went back to the KSC... then noticed it's icon was moving... DOH!!

So, (im new to this mod) if I understand correctly, this mod does not actively drive your rover but only drives it in the background. Right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.