[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

1 hour ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I'm sure it doesn't--if you don't have all your wheels on the ground it won't move.  (Which I find annoying, so long as you have three on the ground that should be enough.)

It doesn't check for 'all' - I have an eight-wheel rover that's designed with six on the ground during normal operations, and the other two for getting itself unstuck, and it works fine with that.  I wonder what the check is.

I do believe it has to be 'landed' however, not 'splashed down'.

18 minutes ago, maja said:

@DeltaDizzy @Loren Pechtel @DStaal I had finally time to check code. At least four operable wheels must be touching ground, at least two wheels must be active and a situation must be LANDED.

Change request:  Could you make that 3 wheels?  I don't see any exploits there and the current rule means it often tells you no for no good reason when you're sitting on uneven ground.  It also means it can't control a tricycle--something I have built a fair number of.  (Admittedly, only early on with airplane wheels and with jet propulsion.)

And can we have back the old menu that goes away when we go to the world view to select the target location?

Edited by Loren Pechtel

2 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Change request:  Could you make that 3 wheels?  I don't see any exploits there and the current rule means it often tells you no for no good reason when you're sitting on uneven ground.

And can we have back the old menu that goes away when we go to the world view to select the target location?

I'm not author of this mod. I have copy of the code, because I wanted to add MKS Power Pack as a power source (RealGecko has there USI reactors only).

That change is of course possible, but I will not post link to the dll here without permission :)

I'm considering to maintain this mod, because there are few things which can be improved, if @RealGecko don't have time to do this, but it's on him to decide.

58 minutes ago, Carrot said:

Hi again how to set a waypoint now? I can't find a way to do it :(

Warypoints are a stock feature, I believe, so there should be some way to set them in stock.

I find a combination of ScanSat and Waypoint Manager works well.

I stumbled across some interesting behavior recently...

I hooked up a Bon Voyage-enabled rover to a base via KAS pipes, left the scene, and quit KSP.  When I came back, only that base was listed in the Bon Voyage control panel, none of my other rovers were listed - even visiting them, restarting Bon Voyage, and leaving the scene/quitting wouldn't bring them back.

However, they came back when I unlinked the KAS pipes, quit KSP and came back.  I did have to visit each one before it would start moving again, but they appeared to remember where they were supposed to be moving to and that they were moving.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:40 AM, -MadMan- said:

Do you have Kerbalism?

@ RealGecko can you add option "Disable power production check"

I have Kerbalism too, and my solar power production is always 0. How do I fix this so I can use BV?

On 8. 5. 2017 at 0:10 AM, DStaal said:

I stumbled across some interesting behavior recently...

I hooked up a Bon Voyage-enabled rover to a base via KAS pipes, left the scene, and quit KSP.  When I came back, only that base was listed in the Bon Voyage control panel, none of my other rovers were listed - even visiting them, restarting Bon Voyage, and leaving the scene/quitting wouldn't bring them back.

However, they came back when I unlinked the KAS pipes, quit KSP and came back.  I did have to visit each one before it would start moving again, but they appeared to remember where they were supposed to be moving to and that they were moving.

On 9. 5. 2017 at 6:01 PM, aluc24 said:

I have Kerbalism too, and my solar power production is always 0. How do I fix this so I can use BV?

RealGecko is off since April 30. It's his mod, but I see what I can do unofficially. Probably next week, because I'm off for this weekend.

1 hour ago, maja said:

RealGecko is off since April 30. It's his mod, but I see what I can do unofficially. Probably next week, because I'm off for this weekend.

Thank you! Will be waiting.

5 hours ago, maja said:

@aluc24 Kerbalism changes how EC production is handled, which breaks the BV checks. BV is incompatible with Kerbalism at the moment.

Maybe BV's EC production could be disabled until a compatibility bridge is built? It sucks to leave these rovers roving overnight only to find them crashed in the morning :/

41 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Maybe BV's EC production could be disabled until a compatibility bridge is built? It sucks to leave these rovers roving overnight only to find them crashed in the morning :/

The problem with Kerbalism is, that it's zeroing charge rate value of solar panels and doing different EC production computations then stock system. I don't know right now, if and when this can be solved.

Disabling the EC check for Kerbalism users only is possible option.

Just now, maja said:

The problem with Kerbalism is, that it's zeroing charge rate value of solar panels and doing different EC production computations then stock system. I don't know right now, if and when this can be solved.

Disabling the EC check for Kerbalism users only is possible option.

Well, if it's possible, maybe disabling that EC check for Kerbalism could be a quick&dirty fix until a more permanent one is found?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.