How many people play KSP?

SpaceastronautX

Always we had played KSP and we do this question: "How many people play this game?" Well this is a fail answer but I don't know! But if you want to know that, How can we do it? Simply put your answer on Yes or No and so We will know how exactly the people on KSP and if you want you can put what mode you play. Well and me?? Of course! I play it in sandbox mode. What are you waiting for! Stop reading this and put your answer! 

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

A great many do.

Honestly its a question for Squad's financial management as that would give us a better estimate, but I'd say 20 million... may 25 million players.

Not even close.

They've sold around 1.5 million copies on Steam. I'm sure they havent even sold that many on consoles yet. I'd say maybe 2 million players.

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Where's this number coming from?

A best guess based on the last data we had from Steam before the lock-down on sales information. With console players we probably are looking at 2+ million copies sold. Active players are likely a small fraction of that though.

Edited by regex

2 minutes ago, regex said:

A best guess based on the last data we had from Steam before the lock-down on sales information. With console players we probably are looking at 2+ million copies sold. Active players are likely a small fraction of that though.

Exactly... it's been around for 5 years... Youtubers have covered it, news groups have mentioned it, even the US president has accredited it so it's got publicity. So the playerbase is certainly there.

9 minutes ago, regex said:

I remember something along the lines of them selling well on the website too.  So, I wouldn't discount those numbers either.  The way I see it, if you're hiding the number, it's probably a big number.

21 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I remember something along the lines of them selling well on the website too.  So, I wouldn't discount those numbers either.

How can you discount those numbers when you don't know them? Based purely off what we know of Steam sales (1+ million) that were found out two or so years ago, and the fact that KSP is now on multiple platforms, I'd say it's a safe bet to claim 2+ million copies sold. 

21 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

The way I see it, if you're hiding the number, it's probably a big number.

There are other legitimate reasons but I don't want to be banned so I'll leave it at that.

9 hours ago, regex said:

That's steam sales alone though. WHen you take into account Store sales too, I reckon you are looking at closer to 3 mill.

9 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

The way I see it, if you're hiding the number, it's probably a big number.

That's questionable.

Most companies keep a tight lid on their sales figures (and usage stats if available) for commercial reasons.

They might publish some random number from time to time to get a bit of media attention ("We want to celebrate reaching umpteen and half budricks of players by releasing a special collection of flags for download free of charge").

Then there's also a big difference between copies sold, copies still installed, played now and then and played intensely almost every day.

5 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Can you provide me with a link? I want to see this with my own eyes.

I don't remember the name of the event I just now it happened. 

Why is this unbelievable? This is a highly accredited game why wouldn't it be mentioned at an event specifically for space related discussions?

4 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Most companies keep a tight lid on their sales figures (and usage stats if available) for commercial reasons.

I hear there are reasons for such secrets, and would love to be convinced of them, but the reasons seem to be secret as well.

For those interested, you can watch CD Projekt's financial results conference on their YouTube page.

I'm guesstimating 3 - 5 million sales; 1.5 million known Steam sales + (as that figure is out of date) 0.5 million since then + (about half? complete guess) 1 million store sales + (who can tell?) 1 million console sales = 4 million with the statistical accuracy of a wobbly rocket (which seems appropriate).  My feeling is that it would be higher than 4 but I'm biased.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.