How much times your KSP crashed?

SpaceastronautX

KSP is a very good physics game but How much times the game has crashed or it get bugs? This is important because in this Forum squad could read your questions and fix that so How much you had? Put the bugs that you had so Squad will notify it For example: In the new 1.2 update,1.1.3 And more versions. If you want to stop this Bugs or crash reports put your answer down and that's all! 

I appreciate your idea, but right now the bug reporting system is in a bit of a mess, trying to add another way to report bugs will just compound this.  

AFAIK the 'official' method to report a bug is to post in the technical support forums, which is less than ideal but better than nothing.  There is a public facing bug tracker but it's in such a mess that it's just being pretty much ignored by the devs.  There is a current effort to try and clean up the public tracker but I think that has stalled.

How many times has KSP crashed for me?  I have no idea in total, but as a light player I've had 8 crashes in v1.1.3 which isn't that terrible compared to previous releases.

HyperEdit on its own does not cause bugs or crashes. KSP causes bugs and crashes.

I too applaud you enthusiasm. I also envy your ignorance. KSP has been overflowing with bugs for as long as I can remember. (v0.18, early 2013) It has been and will be for the foreseeable future. No offence but you better get used to it.
I have no clue about the total number of crashes I had. Probably close to a hundred. Anything after 1.0.5 has been completely unplayable. The 1.2 pre has not crashed on me a single time ... yet.

Crashed many times, but that's what you get for playing thousands of hours( I could of learned a new language!).  To me, an acceptable amount of crashing is once every two hours since I can thoroughly design and test a craft and maybe even launch it into orbit.  There's also a factor of how long it takes to start up(15 min vs 5 min vs half a minute).  Since I'm a player that uses mods, they are also a factor with a whole slew of them the game will be fine for hours, but uninstall one and you may have crashes shortly after you load into your saved game.  

I have just learnt to adjust my play style to whatever bugs are in the particular version and if there are too many crashes or something, then I can always revert back to a previous version( always save a fresh install of an un modded version on a separate disk kids!!)

46 minutes ago, Clockwork13 said:

If I had a planet for every time KSP had crashed for me, I'd have more planets than there are in No Mans Sky

So just the one then?

*rimshot*

Anyway, the best (and really only) place to report bugs is the bug reporting form, though you should really only do so right now if you're testing 1.2, as I'd not expect them to fix any bugs in 1.1.3 anymore. If you are playing the prerelease and get a bug, report it with a verbose report and your game log. More details here:

For 1.2, all of that is good information except maybe where to post and upload the files. For 1.2, you should go right here:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/prerelease/issues

Hesitant to add my two cents, as it's utility seems questionable, but here goes:

All with 1.1.13 (or whatever it was right up to 1.2, which I have not yet installed, and probably will not for many months as I want to get further with my heavily modded 1.1.13 career game . . . assuming I can endure the crashes).

1. Vanilla : honestly not many hours of play with vanilla, but for me, on my rig, vanilla seemed to be exceptionally stable, and exceptionally "efficient." Load times fast for such a heavily asseted application, visual transitions and animations smooth and clean (better be with 3.5GHz graphics card!), scene transitions and input responsiveness, superlative . . . not mobile phone transmission level latencies but plenty fast for a computer game, all in the 1 to half-second ballpark (C++ is pretty much the only option if you want that kinda performance, or at least that is what I gather so far . . . not sure, maybe Python can come close?). I cannot recall a single crash I have had with 1.1.13 vanilla (but then again, only 5% of my several hundred hour play time has been with vanilla).

2. Lightly modded (lets say < 25 new directories or files added to the GameData folder): again, not a lot of play time with this configuration. Maybe 10% of total. Main difference: load times doubled, transition times 1.5 to 2 times slower, input responsiveness perhaps slightly slower at baseline, but with obvious signs of memory leakage and software aging leading to progressively worsened performance in some contexts (VAB most notably). Interestingly, the flight planner and the flight windows (caveat: excluding ~>300part composite space stations comprising four separately launched pieces) show the greatest "resistance" to this performance degradation.

3. Heavily modded (I'm presently about about "65 mods" added): this is what I've played with the most, and it is here that I've seen 'quite a few' crashes. Interestingly, with my particular mod configuration, crashes are more common early after game launch, and seemingly prior to some of the "sub-scenes" of the Space Center having been loaded by "normal" means (instead of by means specific to a mod, I won't go into specifics as it is specualtive and I don't want to convey bad PR based on speculation). In sum, if I avoid doing certain things right after I load the game, I can play for hours with no crashes. After sort of 'warming up' the app by NOT opening the VAB or SPH, the game seems able to handle those sub-scenes being opened up and  . . . no crash. But go straight for those right after load = almost invariably crash (at least with my current mod configuration). So excluding those "predictable" crashes . . . perhaps once every 25 or 30 hours? Those low frequency crashes have the hallmarks of "excrements just happens" CTDs.

Load times with this current set of 65 are much protracted compared to stock, on the order of 6 to 7 times longer (a minute versus 10 seconds for stock for game initialization, and 4 or 5 seconds for some scene changes versus 1 second for vanilla). Symptoms suggestive of memory leaks and software aging are also an issue, but actually not so bad that I feel the need to prune my modlist again.

I don't know, I don't really count them. For me it would be like trying to count how many dead cats and broken bottles of hydrogen cyanide there are in a random amount of boxes.

If I had to venture a guess, though, I'd say usually once every few sessions.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

On 17-9-2016 at 7:09 PM, SpaceastronautX said:

KSP is a very good physics game but How much times the game has crashed or it get bugs? This is important because in this Forum squad could read your questions and fix that so How much you had? Put the bugs that you had so Squad will notify it For example: In the new 1.2 update,1.1.3 And more versions. If you want to stop this Bugs or crash reports put your answer down and that's all! 

As a software developer. Your effect of this topic is zero.

User reports "game crashes, help!1!" -> usefulness is nothing. Nothing the devs can do.

User reports "game crashed when I did X" -> usefulness is low. Most likely the devs will not look into it, unless a lot of people report a crash at exactly the same action.

User reports "game crashed, I was doing X, I already did Y, I have no mods, and here are the log files" -> usefulness is high. Crashes are hard to track down after the fact. You need as much information as possible. Even then, it could be out of control of the devs. I've seen crashes happen in buggy 3D drivers. I've seen crashes happen in buggy audio drivers! And my personal favorite, crashes due to bad RAM or other broken hardware. Yes, your game crashes every hour (but, oh, I forgot to mention, I also get blue screens from windows every few hours)

9 hours ago, Jonfliesgoats said:

Crashes about once every four hours or so.  The save rollback bug on consoles is a much, much bigger problem at the moment.

I've had < 10 crashes in 2 1/2 years.

And of those almost all has been due to bugged mods or external software (like my soft-kvm switch).

Edited by Curveball Anders
Half post was wrong thread :/

Having become accustomed to the stability of KSP <1.1 on GNU/Linux (never crashed that I can recall, at least as far back as 0.25), The 1.1.x "update" was pretty disappointing.

Can't say I've used that quit button much recently, "*** Error in `./KSP.x86_64': double free or corruption (out): <insert random address> ***" beats me to it every time.
Reported bug, provided logs, stack traces etc., tested on another machine and another distro, yada yada. Nothing but "probably a game engine bug, can't fix". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1.2 has not crashed... yet, so I perhaps the Unity version bump has sorted it.

1 hour ago, Daid said:

Yes, your game crashes every hour (but, oh, I forgot to mention, I also get blue screens from windows every few hours)

"It's your hardware"... yeah, sure, I'm obviously too dumb to think of that. Consider yourself suitably ignored, I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer.

CTDs? Surprisingly not that many, usually happens when some mod is going nuts with the NREs and I can easily track down the problem, which isn't KSP itself. As far as unidentifiable crashes, probably not that many at all in four years, maybe ten or so?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.