[1.2] Automatic Abort System (AAS)

JoePatrick1

This mod automatically triggers the 'abort' action group when triggered.

It can be triggered by vessel explosion, high g-force or negative vertical velocity.

All of these triggers can be customised. You can turn off explosion detection for individual parts, set the g-force limit and set the negative vertical velocity limit.

All the triggers can be enabled/disabled/toggled with action groups as well - as well as the master toggle and UI toggle.

Demo Video:

Download Here

Source

Edited by JoePatrick1

insert breath-taking gasp.  AWESOME MOD! will definitely include this in my gameplay. :)

would be cool if this could be incorporated into Smart Parts as it would be a perfect complement to it, and trigger other action groups.

Edited by inigma

4 hours ago, Darkstar One said:

Before fiddling around with it:

Guess it's not triggered by the explosion of a dropped fuel tank or other part that is not connected to the vessel anymore?
Because KSP gives me warnings about broken stuff (Solar panels, Antenna) that are not connected anymore sometimes.

Nope it will only trigger if it's actually part of the vessel when it explodes

15 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Those of you mentioning the launch failure mod: there's some better alternatives I've used before. DangIt, for instance. If you do want to look at reviving a failure mod, give this one a look.

Kerbalism has some failures as well, but neither dangit nor kerbalsm have  failures on ascent with propagating explosions that actually require launch abort system to save your Kerbals.

2 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Kerbalism has some failures as well, but neither dangit nor kerbalsm have  failures on ascent with propagating explosions that actually require launch abort system to save your Kerbals.

True, and Kerbalism's is really weak, but in that case perhaps these new to be complied into one mod to rule them all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16-10-2016 at 5:29 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I may revive this, looks like fun, and combined with both AAS and EVA Parachutes, could make for an interesting time

If you do revive it, consider adding abort actions on loss of signal. I would love my rovers to put on the breaks when I lose control of them.

58 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

If you do revive it, consider adding abort actions on loss of signal. I would love my rovers to put on the breaks when I lose control of them.

Ummm, it wouldn't make sense for this mod;  when a launch fails, things explode.  And it's only in atmosphere.

Sounds like you would like a modlet to do that;  why not ask @Malah or @magico13 to write something?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, it wouldn't make sense for this mod;  when a launch fails, things explode.  And it's only in atmosphere.

Sounds like you would like a modlet to do that;  why not ask @Malah or @magico13 to write something?

Nice idea, thanks, I will added a brake at control lost on my QuickBrake :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.