[1.2] Automatic Abort System (AAS)

JoePatrick1

23 hours ago, JoePatrick1 said:

Glad you like it :)

Hello JoePatrick, 

Would have a few ideas ; It would be possible to create a plugin that triggers the specific external parameter (eg temperature or air pressure) and then triggers an animation (like 'ModuleAnimateGeneric') at a connected part.

am there a new project, would like to have something in the direction, unfortunately I'm not the coder.

thnx in advance for answer

5 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Hello JoePatrick, 

Would have a few ideas ; It would be possible to create a plugin that triggers the specific external parameter (eg temperature or air pressure) and then triggers an animation (like 'ModuleAnimateGeneric') at a connected part.

am there a new project, would like to have something in the direction, unfortunately I'm not the coder.

thnx in advance for answer

I've got quite a long to-do list for mods so it would be a while but I may be able to get around to doing something like this eventually

Edited by JoePatrick1

• 8 months later...

So I recompiled this for 1.3 and it works fine. Lovely plugin, though I would prefer to be able to set the abort conditions in the editor, which doesn't seem to work.

Any particular reason this hasn't seen an update release?

P.S. Oh, and the best way to use it in my opinion:

// Install automatic escape controller into escape tower parts.
// Other abort modes can live with the controller part.

@PART[LaunchEscapeSystem,SDHI_LES,SmallEscapeTowerHGR,HeavyLES]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAAS
	}
}

Edited by Mihara
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 7:30 AM, Mihara said:

Any particular reason this hasn't seen an update release?

@JoePatrick1 ya what's up with this?

On 7/18/2017 at 7:30 AM, Mihara said:

So I recompiled this for 1.3 and it works fine. Lovely plugin, though I would prefer to be able to set the abort conditions in the editor, which doesn't seem to work.

I might be able to (and am willing to try) to fix this, in my two simple mods I have stuff that can be set in editor and persisted to flight. 

• 10 months later...

Hello guys! Is there any chance on getting this mod work in 1.4.3? I'm playing in hard mode with no flight revertion, so I really need something more reliable to fire the LES than my hands... Jeb's life insurance is very-very expensive, so i decided not to purchase it and make an escape system instead...

On 7/27/2017 at 7:52 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

@JoePatrick1 ya what's up with this?

I might be able to (and am willing to try) to fix this, in my two simple mods I have stuff that can be set in editor and persisted to flight. 

Unfortunately, the license is AAR, which means that you can't give it to anybody else

I've PM'd him to see if he is willing to either continue it or give me permission to incorporate it into SmartParts, will let you know the results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.