KSP Developers to attend PAX?

Mycroft

uTG3akn.jpg2017

So, as many of you know, PAX 2016 was amazing, with many big YouTubers and Indie game dev on site, and of course, that leads to the question of PAX 2017! Now it may seem a bit early, but I’m sure you know that planning ahead is always good. My personal dream for a while has been to meet the KSP dev team, so I can personally thank them for their hard work, and geek out about my favorite gaming topic, KSP. I’ve met many wonderful and amazing people in my short stint on the forums so far, and have learned a ton about rocketry, orbital mechanics, interplanetary missions, and the like. KSP has helped me understand just exactly how difficult NASA’s job is, and it is my hope to meet them. 

This leads me to my main question: Are the KSP devs planning to attend PAX 2017? I personally think the community or the dev team should host a panel for KSP next year, and it has the potential to be huge, given the size of KSP’s amazing fan base. I have no idea if this was done before, but I think it would be an amazing way to show how far KSP has come, and sell some more people on it. The more people buy the game, the more the KSP dev team can afford to invest in the game to make it better. I personally hope that some of the SQUAD staff might attend, and maybe for a demo, somebody could get up and play a few of the old versions that were major updates like the first ever release, then maybe .90, then 1.0, then whatever the latest version is, talking about the history of KSP and show-casing the features. 

Are YOU planning to attend Pax 2017? Post here! I would love to know, and maybe meet you! Do you know if anyone from the dev team or HarvestR is attending? Post below!

It is still too early to give you a definitive answer about our participation, but it is something that we're thinking about. We want to get more involved in industry events and I personally think that PAX is one where KSP would perfectly fit. This year, for example, our business developer attended a couple of gaming events already; including Gamescom in Cologne, Tokio Game Show, and next week, a couple of us, are coming to TwitchCon. So don't be surprised if you end up seeing us in more events. :)

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I'm only a couple hour drive from Orlando (hint hint)  :)

Only 1 hour for me :) .

Seriously we Floridian KSPers should gather for a lunch or some bring some day!

1 hour ago, UomoCapra said:

It is still too early to give you a definitive answer about our participation, but it is something that we're thinking about. We want to get more involved in industry events and I personally think that PAX is one where KSP would perfectly fit. This year, for example, our business developer attended a couple of gaming events already; including Gamescom in Cologne, Tokio Game Show, and next week, a couple of us, are coming to TwitchCon. So don't be surprised if you end up seeing us in more events. :)

Well I hope you make an event here in Florida sometime! I would love to see you guys in person :) .

1 hour ago, UomoCapra said:

I'm not a squad staffer, obviously, but if someone can score me one of those impossible to get Orlando Comic Con tickets for next year, I'll gladly wander around wearing my KSP t-shirt and babble about the game to anyone that will listen... :D

20 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'm not a squad staffer, obviously, but if someone can score me one of those impossible to get Orlando Comic Con tickets for next year, I'll gladly wander around wearing my KSP t-shirt and babble about the game to anyone that will listen... :D

And if I get can some donations I'll even rig up a super computer to play it!

17 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

And if I get can some donations I'll even rig up a super computer to play it!

Hmmmm... I believe we'd need a booth for that, and I can't imagine what it takes to get one at a Comic Con. But if something like this were possible, and people wanted to watch, I can throw a stock ship together and get it into orbit in a matter of minutes.... or blow it up in even less time... lmao... :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm... I believe we'd need a booth for that, and I can't imagine what it takes to get one at a Comic Con. But if something like this were possible, I can throw a stock ship together and get it into orbit in a matter of minutes.... or blow it up in even less time... lmao... :cool:

Maybe I could fit together a computer into a backpack and haul it with me.

Where we're going we don't need... booths.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Maybe I could fit together a computer into a backpack and haul it with me.

Where we're going we don't need... booths.

I really don't have a lot of experience with them, but wouldn't a high end laptop work?

Anyway, back on topic... I'm not actually sure what this PAX convention is, but I'm glad to see KSP show up anywhere!

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I really don't have a lot of experience with them, but wouldn't a high end laptop work?

Anyway, back on topic... I'm not actually sure what this PAX convention is, but I'm glad to see KSP show up anywhere!

Nah, if your going to go to any convention you have to overdo it. Otherwise your not in character.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Actually, I've been playing on a middle of the road Mac, and doing pretty well, too. So yeah a laptop will work. My Leviathan on KerbalX is about as big as my laptop can handle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.