[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

24 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

Sooo... Anyone else having a problem where the engines fling around their joints when activated? 

http://imgur.com/a/6KDy1

After leaving them on too long, this started happening. 

http://imgur.com/a/7jlLW

And this

http://imgur.com/a/1mfQ2

Unless this ship is kraken-branded, I assume this isn't supposed to happen. 

I'm sorry... but your ship belongs to the Kraken now...   I'm tracking down possible bugs that I can control. it appears this could be associated with the rudder issue. I've fixed it, for the moment, I just need to upload the update.

Just now, Eskandare said:

I'm sorry... but your ship belongs to the Kraken now...   I'm tracking down possible bugs that I can control. it appears this could be associated with the rudder issue. I've fixed it, for the moment, I just need to upload the update.

Thanks for a fast responce, wow, very fast, I am currently just using scaled engines from the large boat pack, cant wait to see more. This is the most detailed boat I have ever seen, and I love it despite kraken maneuvering. 

2 hours ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

Thanks for a fast responce, wow, very fast, I am currently just using scaled engines from the large boat pack, cant wait to see more. This is the most detailed boat I have ever seen, and I love it despite kraken maneuvering. 

Engines are another thing, my goal is to set the curve to limit thrust at 20 + - 2 m/s. The real Nimitz is at max, all ahead full, 18 m/s.

...It does weigh 107,000 tons... :D

11 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Engines are another thing, my goal is to set the curve to limit thrust at 20 + - 2 m/s. The real Nimitz is at max, all ahead full, 18 m/s.

...It does weigh 107,000 tons... :D

Yeah, I figured that my carrier that went 90 m/s wasn't realistic.. 

3 hours ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

Yeah, I figured that my carrier that went 90 m/s wasn't realistic.. 

Lol! That exceeds the takeoff speed of most of my smaller and some large scale planes :) 

edit

Still in 1.0.5 feel free to throw rotten vegetables.

Is anyone having issues with ALG and the collider on the lower deck? I have tried about 3-4 times to lower a plane from the flight deck to the hanger then drive it in and park it. Each time I reach the edge of the lift / beginning of the hanger floor and the nose gear falls through like it's not even there. No such issues on the flight deck to elevator and back though. And btw, absolutely perfect on the scale. First plane launch and everything looked exactly the right proportions.

Edited by V8jester

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

Lol! That exceeds the takeoff speed of most of my smaller and some large scale planes :) 

edit

Still in 1.0.5 feel free to throw rotten vegetables.

Is anyone having issues with ALG and the collider on the lower deck? I have tried about 3-4 times to lower a plane from the flight deck to the hanger then drive it in and park it. Each time I reach the edge of the lift / beginning of the hanger floor and the nose gear falls through like it's not even there. No such issues on the flight deck to elevator and back though. And btw, absolutely perfect on the scale. First plane launch and everything looked exactly the right proportions.

Which lift? There are 4. I've tested all the colliders. Because of the complexity of the colliders, I used a combination of box and convex mesh colliders. 

Just now, Eskandare said:

Which lift? There are 4. I've tested all the colliders. Because of the complexity of the colliders, I used a combination of box and convex mesh colliders. 

lifts 1 and lift 4 (lift just in front of the superstructure, and the lift at the back left of boat) So far those are the only ones I've really messed with.

Need more big ships. Need LHD. *zombie shuffles*

Carrier is great, now if only I wasn't such crap at flying... and landing. So bad at landing. Are there/will there ever be some sort of arresting system for the carrier? What about catapults?

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

lifts 1 and lift 4 (lift just in front of the superstructure, and the lift at the back left of boat) So far those are the only ones I've really messed with.

I'll test it out again to see what it is doing. I may need to add another small box collider or perhaps the collider isn't activating correctly.

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

Need more big ships. Need LHD. *zombie shuffles*

Carrier is great, now if only I wasn't such crap at flying... and landing. So bad at landing. Are there/will there ever be some sort of arresting system for the carrier? What about catapults?

I'm looking at trying something for an arrestor cable. Thinking of playing around with the attractor of the docking port module to see if it would work like a cable.

Any plans for an amphibious assault helicopter carrier? Just like the USS Bataan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bataan_(LHD-5)

It would serve as much smaller and lighter ship, perfect for a fleet of helicopters, VTOL or short-takeoff aircraft.

Also, Aircraft carriers accessories would be the cherry on the cake. Thing like catapults and arresting gear/ tailhook. I know, its already been proposed, but damn, it would be great.

Btw, i can make models me too, if you need any assets. i worked currently with 3DS MAX since i'm still at my video games studies.

1 minute ago, jeffQC1 said:

Any plans for an amphibious assault helicopter carrier? Just like the USS Bataan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bataan_(LHD-5)

It would serve as much smaller and lighter ship, perfect for a fleet of helicopters, VTOL or short-takeoff aircraft.

Also, Aircraft carriers accessories would be the cherry on the cake. Thing like catapults and arresting gear/ tailhook. I know, its already been proposed, but damn, it would be great.

Btw, i can make models me too, if you need any assets. i worked currently with 3DS MAX since i'm still at my video games studies.

Check the OP, I mentioned that I had made an Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) based off the USS Wasp.

Well, SpaceDock is down. Do you have plans to upload this onto GitHub or, well... Github?

(Hint Hint: Sorry CurseForge, even though you're the "Official" mods page, hardly anyone uses you.)

EDIT: SpaceDock is up again. Nvm.

Edited by SpacePod9

3 minutes ago, jeffQC1 said:

Wow, its the Bataan himself! (Or the same class)

I honestly didn't know you did that particular model. Great!

Essex Class LHD, replaces the Essex class CV.

1 minute ago, SpacePod9 said:

Well, SpaceDock is down. Do you have plans to upload this onto GitHub or, well... Github?

Yes. I was going to make a couple of mirrors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.