[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

• 1 month later...

I'm still keeping it up to date. And is available for 1.3.1

Just curious if any of my suggestions / cfg edits were of value to you?

I use the Nimitz ALOT, and with the edits I made, it's a very very well behaved ship, and with the HullBreach cfg, it sinks nicely when shot up enough :)

On 12/26/2017 at 1:59 PM, DaEpicKing said:

help when he tried to land a plane on the aircraft carrier this is teleported into space

Are you using an older version of KSP? 1.1 and 1.2 used to launch objects into space. The Nimitz is current for 1.3.1 and I will not be supporting older versions.

On 2/11/2018 at 6:27 AM, Sebastiaz said:

Just wondering, is this mod still being developed? :o 

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for creating this mod! I’ve wanted to have an aircraft carrier for a long time, but trying to build a stock one proved to be very difficult. And thanks for providing a craft file as well, I love it!

Just wanted to bring up a problem I encounter during takeoff from the flight deck. The plane’s vessel situation never switches to flying low after leaving the deck. This brings up a number of issues:

- You cannot quicksave in flight as the game believes it is moving over the surface of the water
- Science reports register as being performed while splashed down, not while flying low
- Plane has a tendency to pitch down
- Excessive camera shake

This can be mitigated by attempting to lower the gear while accelerating down the flight deck, but this doesn’t always work and is obviously not the ideal way to perform a takeoff.

Any ideas for what can be done to avoid this problem?

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 10:51 PM, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Many, many apologies for the necro of the thread, but, does it still work in 1.4.x? Just trying to make sure before I add it to my modpack.

in 1.4.1 and .2 iI kept running int invisible colliders but I have a feeling it had to do something with the wheels that they then fixed in 1.4.3. i have not tried it in 1.4.3. The other Carrier mod works in 1.4.3

Edited by Ericwi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 3:15 AM, Ericwi said:

in 1.4.1 and .2 iI kept running int invisible colliders but I have a feeling it had to do something with the wheels that they then fixed in 1.4.3. i have not tried it in 1.4.3. The other Carrier mod works in 1.4.3

i keep running into invisible colliders too, even when i do a low flyby over the carrier my plane crashes into those colliders

Fantastic mod by the way, great job, if u fix this you will be forcing me to play ksp for months, for now i just enable ignore collisions when doing carrier operations

Edited by abradani191

19 hours ago, abradani191 said:

i keep running into invisible colliders too, even when i do a low flyby over the carrier my plane crashes into those colliders

Fantastic mod by the way, great job, if u fix this you will be forcing me to play ksp for months, for now i just enable ignore collisions when doing carrier operations

I've heard reports of 1.4.x having collider issues I'm working on making new colliders among other fixes. I should have a new version coming soon after Eskandare Aeronautics is released.

• 2 months later...

Sorry been a while, I've been busy with a few mods. Eskandare Aeronautics, Kerbin Side Remastered, KSO, OPT, and planning out S&D. Here are my reworked droughts of CVX at the moment. 

TnqN4j1.png 2NIU9uN.png

IocAe1s.png

These aren't the final versions, but more progress on the way.

Edited by Eskandare

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was so bummed when I couldn't land on the Nitmiz. Thinking it was my piloting skill, I tried so hard over and over again. I got a super struted plane touching the deck at 25m/s with a vert v of -1m/s and still it exploded. THAT's when I decide to look up the forums and see the invisible collider being a thing. haha ah well. Looking forward to the next release! The models look great! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, DownHereInChile said:

@Hotdiggitydog @Jamiester23Check this thread for official development plans!

Thanks. Anything of interest about CVX that you see in their? It's a long forum and I dont really want to search the whole thing.

Edit: Just realized it was 2 pages long, must of clicked into another tab when I saw this.

Edited by Hotdiggitydog

• 1 month later...

Regarding scale. Would you all rather have all carriers in 1/1 scale, or the approximate KSP 2/3 scale? I generally prefer the 1/1 scale as most KSP fighter cockpits are 1.25m in diameter. In actuality they should be 0.625m to be roughly in scale but it is what it is.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, been working on my core mods around real life off and on, so the process is slow. Here is an update for CVX. The new Nimitz update is still in progress but I have decided to push up the time table for the Essex class for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Below is a preview of the post refit USS Hornet (CVS-12)  as I am working on it. This will be the first of new carriers for CVX.

HIMYSCo.png

Edited by Eskandare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.