[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

@EskandareThe Hornet looks mighty fine. Do you have a complete list of the ships you plan to create. So far you have the Nimitz,, and shown off the Hornet, Wasp, and the Helicarrier. The future of this mod sounds exciting! (especially with the Eskandare Aeronautics planes flying off of them!):D

On 7/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Hotdiggitydog said:

@EskandareThe Hornet looks mighty fine. Do you have a complete list of the ships you plan to create. So far you have the Nimitz,, and shown off the Hornet, Wasp, and the Helicarrier. The future of this mod sounds exciting! (especially with the Eskandare Aeronautics planes flying off of them!):D

Full list of carriers planned and in different stages of development. 

Mostly sticking to carriers around during the 60's and 70's as follows:

• Essex class
  • Midway class
  • Forestall class
  • Kitty Hawk class
  • Enterprise class (maybe? flywlyx has one in aircraft carrier accessories. This one will  probably be one of the last ones I'll make.)
  • Nimitz class (remaking with better collision and better details)

Non-era ships: 

• Wasp class

Fictional:

• S.Q.U.A.D. (SHIELD) Helicarrier
  • Tuatha de Danann submarine
  • Auerstädt submarine

Other countries:

• Admiral Kuznetsov (Another remake from my old KK Oceania mod)
  • Charles de Gaulle class
  • Queen Elizabeth-class
Edited by Eskandare

2 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Mostly sticking to carriers around during the 60's and 70's as follows:

• Essex class
  • Midway class
  • Forestall class
  • Kitty Hawk class
  • Enterprise class (maybe? flywlyx has one in aircraft carrier accessories. This one will  probably be one of the last ones I'll make.)
  • Nimitz class (remaking with better collision and better details)

Wow, that's one tall list! The future of this mod is looking good!:D

If you finish those do you plan to do a newer carriers or Amphib Assault Ships? Two that come to mind are the Gerald Ford and USS America (the modern one). I see that Queen Elizabeth on there and wondering if that's a one off on the whole modern era or if you plan to expand into more 21st century carrier designs afterwords.

Edit: Better grammer

Edited by Hotdiggitydog

9 minutes ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

Wow, that's one tall list! The future of this mod is looking good!:D

If you finish those do you plan to do a newer carriers or Amphib Assault Ships? Two that come to mind are the Gerald Ford and USS America (the modern one). I see that Queen Elizabeth on there and wondering if that's a one off on the whole modern era or if you plan to expand into more 21st century carrier designs afterwords.

Edit: Better grammer

I may do both down the line. USS America if I'm not mistaken is basically a light carrier sub-variant  of the Wasp class (well deck removed) and I haven't seen too many stats on the Gerald Ford class other then that it is an improved Nimitz. Generally the specifics on the Gerald Ford class are still classified. So basically with current public information it is a slightly better Nimitz. Albeit the Nimitz is still classified and the we can only go off of public specs. 

27 minutes ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

To my understanding it's a completely new design. The first 2 will not have well decks but those afterwards will have them.

Nope more of a sub class, based off of the USS Makin Island  (LHD-8)  Because they removed the Well Deck it loses the D for dock on the end, and gets the A for assault. It becomes Landing Helicopter Assault, instead of Landing Helicopter Dock. I was reading more and the overall blueprints are the same plans as the rest of the Wasp class but with modifications seen on LHD-8 plus the additional modifications slated for the LHA-6 (remove well deck and increase the size of the hangar deck.)

Edited by Eskandare

52 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Nope more of a sub class, based off of the USS Makin Island  (LHD-8)  Because they removed the Well Deck it loses the D for dock on the end, and gets the A for assault. It becomes Landing Helicopter Assault, instead of Landing Helicopter Dock. I was reading more and the overall blueprints are the same plans as the rest of the Wasp class but with modifications seen on LHD-8 plus the additional modifications slated for the LHA-6 (remove well deck and increase the size of the hangar deck.)

Huh. You learn something new everyday.

2 minutes ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

Huh. You learn something new everyday.

So it wouldn't be a stretch to modify the LHD model over to LHA as well. As a sub-class it does get to be called America class. Just as the John F Kennedy was a sub-class of the Kitty Hawk, but basically the same class.  

On 7/5/2019 at 11:13 PM, Hotdiggitydog said:

So does that mean that later America-Class ships are just modernized Wasp Ships?

That's a basic way of looking at it, but you could say that.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:27 PM, Eskandare said:

I may do both down the line. USS America if I'm not mistaken is basically a light carrier sub-variant  of the Wasp class (well deck removed) ...

I'm sure you've thought of it, but the Tarawa-class is moar in-line with your time-line... vOv ... :P

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I'm sure you've thought of it, but the Tarawa-class is moar in-line with your time-line... vOv ... :P

That would actually be pretty cool, and allow the USS America to be a little different, and not just a copy of another ship.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, Stone Blue said:

I totally forgot about the Tarawa class. That would be more in line with the era as well as able to precede the Wasp class. 

Ooh, can't wait to fly some Harriers off of the Tarawa and Wasp! :D 

Speaking of planes and aircraft, I know that you took over Phantomworks and you plan to merge it into a larger aircraft pack of yours. Sounds exciting! Launching an E-2 Hawkeye off a Nimitz with be surreal. What plane's parts are in the pack if I may ask?

On 7/18/2019 at 12:31 PM, Hotdiggitydog said:

Ooh, can't wait to fly some Harriers off of the Tarawa and Wasp! :D 

Speaking of planes and aircraft, I know that you took over Phantomworks and you plan to merge it into a larger aircraft pack of yours. Sounds exciting! Launching an E-2 Hawkeye off a Nimitz with be surreal. What plane's parts are in the pack if I may ask?

I remade most of the Fantomworks models. The only one that stayed original was the SR-71 cockpit which I'll just credit Freddyphantom, and all are apart of Eskandare Aerospace which I should be releasing a beta soon.

List so far:

Cockpits:

• S-2
  • S-3
  • SH-3
  • A-3
  • A-4
  • RB-66
  • A-7
  • AV-8
  • A-12 (SR-71)
  • F-4
  • F-14
  • F-11
  • F-111
  • V-22
  • C-130
  • C-17
  • E-2
  • Mirage-2000
  • MK-V (C-5 Galaxy)

Fuselages:

• 1.875m cargo bays and ramps
  • 3m cargo bays and ramps
  • 3.75m cargo bays and ramps
  • MK-V cargo bays and ramp (C-5 Galaxy)

Engines:

• SH-3 Main rotor
  • SH-3 Tail rotor
  • V-22 prop-rotor
  • AV-8 nozzles (forward and rear versions)

Edited by Eskandare

Wow! May I ask, what size fuselage are specifically the A-3 and E-2 going to be, because they are pretty big. I would guess 1.875.

Lots of things here I would of never guessed, but am super excited for (A-3, S-3, F-111). The only plane I was surprised was not on here was the A-6.

Edited by Hotdiggitydog

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep having an issue while trying to take off and land, I am landing at around 80/ms and taking off at around 120 m/s using the arresting cables to land and the Nimitz steam powered Catapult to take off to, while doing either, I explode during takeoff or landing. I am in version 1.7.3, so that may cause issues, but as far as I can see, nothing is fighting the mod.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:59 AM, Danielman said:

I keep having an issue while trying to take off and land, I am landing at around 80/ms and taking off at around 120 m/s using the arresting cables to land and the Nimitz steam powered Catapult to take off to, while doing either, I explode during takeoff or landing. I am in version 1.7.3, so that may cause issues, but as far as I can see, nothing is fighting the mod.

It's a common problem for huge parts due to collider bugs in KSP or Unity. In 1.8 it has been fixed and Nimitz is now safe to takeoff and land

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.