[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

8 hours ago, V8jester said:

Lol! That exceeds the takeoff speed of most of my smaller and some large scale planes :) 

edit

Still in 1.0.5 feel free to throw rotten vegetables.

Is anyone having issues with ALG and the collider on the lower deck? I have tried about 3-4 times to lower a plane from the flight deck to the hanger then drive it in and park it. Each time I reach the edge of the lift / beginning of the hanger floor and the nose gear falls through like it's not even there. No such issues on the flight deck to elevator and back though. And btw, absolutely perfect on the scale. First plane launch and everything looked exactly the right proportions.

Lol yeah, I may or may not be planning a flying carrier. Also, love the vids. 

23 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Engines are another thing, my goal is to set the curve to limit thrust at 20 + - 2 m/s. The real Nimitz is at max, all ahead full, 18 m/s.

...It does weigh 107,000 tons... :D

Another issue I wanted to report is a reloading issue. If there is an undocked vehicle just sitting on the carrier it will teleport to the bottom of the ocean when you click f9. I saw this on other boat mods, but idk if you can fix it somehow (Did have FAR and Airpark). 

1 minute ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

Another issue I wanted to report is a reloading issue. If there is an undocked vehicle just sitting on the carrier it will teleport to the bottom of the ocean when you click f9. I saw this on other boat mods, but idk if you can fix it somehow (Did have FAR and Airpark). 

This appears to be a problem with 1.1.3., there seems to be nothing that I can do. I think it is because the undocked craft is 'landed', it gets reloaded to the planet surface. The carrier is in a different state 'splashed' where it gets reloaded to the water surface. You could always try putting AirPark on the planes and lock them before leaving the carrier. just remember to unlock them before moving the carrier. I'm working on another solution which is basically the same as the KAS pipe, but with different graphics.

I wonder how much of Infinite Dice's carrier accessories still work?

He made an arrestor system, was working on a catapult, and even made dockable landing gear (found in the ICE mod). It was my idea to use klaw code on landing gear to join plane to ship.

@Fengist was in contact with him, not sure what became of that.

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

@V8jester

Here are my collider tests and I can't find any problems.

Lift #4

SgoaSZz.png

Lift #1

l2w1wjk.png

It could be something to do with 1.05 and how it handles colliders.

That's entirely possible. Well thanks for even acknowledging me on that one. I definitely don't expect perfection when I'm not using the mod as intended :)

38 minutes ago, colmo said:

I wonder how much of Infinite Dice's carrier accessories still work?

He made an arrestor system, was working on a catapult, and even made dockable landing gear (found in the ICE mod). It was my idea to use klaw code on landing gear to join plane to ship.

@Fengist was in contact with him, not sure what became of that.

@Fengist actually has a working (in development) cat an arrestor system. Keep an eye on what he releases. It's something I and a couple other guys are all brainstorming on (translation, they are the mad geniuses behind this one)

10 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Fengist actually has a working (in development) cat an arrestor system. Keep an eye on what he releases. It's something I and a couple other guys are all brainstorming on (translation, they are the mad geniuses behind this one)

I've seen as I'm in the chain, I'm looking forward to the results.

8 hours ago, Sebforce116 said:

So I'm still having issues with the carrier in the means of the Control Tower keeps separating, any reasons why?

3 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Use KJR (Kerbal Joint Reinforcement) I haven't had any problems.

At first I had a problem with everything breaking apart on vessel load, detonating command pod, as well as the superstructure drooping through the hull. I wound up surface attaching a structural mount with a command pod attached to that to the super structure. Then changing the root part to that new command pod. Also used some unlimited length (tweaked cfg's) struts from the super to the hull. But that's just how I personally put it together.

edit

I recall a long time ago hearing KSP physics engine has a rough time with anything over 1k tons. So 100k is bound to cause some havoc :) but overall, once the boat is setup properly (and with the updated rudder) it works great

One question. With 4 rudders installed. The ship will gradually speed up in a turn, I think I topped out at 150 - 160 m/s before the Nimitz looked like it was going to tip. Looked freaking cool though!

Edited by V8jester

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

One question. With 4 rudders installed. The ship will gradually speed up in a turn, I think I topped out at 150 - 160 m/s before the Nimitz looked like it was going to tip. Looked freaking cool though!

phantom forces, i get this all the time, good news is that it's much reduced in 1.2 if you manage to launch a ship in the first place.

12 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Just found this and got a few questions.
1. Is infernal robotics needed?
2. Does it have a working catapult?
3. Does it have a working arresting wire?

1. No. Firespitter I believe is the only requirement and it comes with the dll.

2. No, not yet anyway.

3. No, not yet anyway.

15 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Make sure it is installed in GameData.

I have been installing it in GameData all along, and by the way is each part supposed to have it's own folder within the Eskandare_Heavy_Industires>Carrier_Vessel_Expansion>Parts>Nimitz folder, because if so mine does not.

Edited by Brennan0359

4 hours ago, Brennan0359 said:

I have been installing it in GameData all along, and by the way is each part supposed to have it's own folder within the Eskandare_Heavy_Industires>Carrier_Vessel_Expansion>Parts>Nimitz folder, because if so mine does not.

The folder structure should look like this:

GameData
	Eskandare_Heavy_Industries
		Carrier_Vessel_Expansion
			Parts
				Nimitz
				Rudder
			Patches
			Sounds

Did you DL via CKAN? CKAN has a habit of screwing up folder structure.

5 hours ago, Eskandare said:

The folder structure should look like this:

GameData
	Eskandare_Heavy_Industries
		Carrier_Vessel_Expansion
			Parts
				Nimitz
				Rudder
			Patches
			Sounds

Did you DL via CKAN? CKAN has a habit of screwing up folder structure.

No, I downloaded via the spacedock link, dragged into the gamedata folder and then hit "extract all", also the folder structure is the same as your examaple.

19 hours ago, Eskandare said:

It should work as long as the first three folders are in GameData. You can try downloading it again just incase something got corrupted.

It worked, thank you so much for your help.  Also I think you should make some destroyers and cruisers in the future maybe the Arleigh burke class and the ticonderoga class.

17 minutes ago, Brennan0359 said:

It worked, thank you so much for your help.  Also I think you should make some destroyers and cruisers in the future maybe the Arleigh burke class and the ticonderoga class.

I'm glad ot worked. :D As for cruisers, I was initially going to make a couple but Large Boat Parts, adequately replicates that. However it may be something I'll revisit in the future. Maybe after CVX I'll make CGX, hehe. :0.0:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.