[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

On 11/28/2016 at 10:09 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you're using a very old version of Airpark if you are using the one from the smelly bootrash repo ideally you need the latest available version which is this one http://spacedock.info/mod/936/AirPark Continued/download/v0.1.5.5  

Perhaps @gomker who is maintaining it and has done a lot of work on this and vessel mover to make them a lot more ship friendly, will pop in and clarify which is the appropriate version.  However if you are using pre 1.2.1 you are doomed to suffer exploding/flying ships and there's very little that can alleviate the base problems. Pre 1.2.1 was so bad for ships and boats in general  that i pretty much called a halt to dev on LBP and SMM, the correct version of Airpark can make it less painful but on the whole it's nothing more than a bandaid.

yeah those versions of air park don't work in 1.0.5 thanks

17 minutes ago, Potato3478 said:

Umm none of the parts show up and i installed it correctly is this mod broken?

The mod is not broken. You should verify that everything is in the correct place. GameData/Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Carrier_Vessel_Expansion/

Make sure you have a current version of Firespitter for the version of KSP that you are running. The carrier hull is in structural along with the tower. The bridge is in pods. Engines are in engines. Rudders are in Aero.

Hey so I installed this mod and am having an odd bug with the carriers. No matter what I do I can't get any craft build with the parts from this mod to turn in the water. I built a carrier with the parts from this mod and launched it w/ hyper edit and the included rudders physically could not cause it to turn regardless of speed. Even SRBs mounted to the bow and stern could not make my carrier turn :huh:. If anyone knows of a solution that would be great since this mod looks awesome but a carrier that can't turn is useless to me.

Loaded the mod in KSP 1.2.2...

... and I'm experiencing some weird stuff:

- bridge, sometime, bends on its own inside the carrier body...
- engines start turn, spin, bend on their attachment point in the hull...

Nothing major, As I'll use the carrier just as a eyecandy (moved around by Vessel Mover) and as landing strip around, rather than a real craft.

On 22/12/2016 at 11:57 PM, gomker said:

Do you have KJR installed?

If you do have it installed did you set multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement = 0 to fix Infernal robotics? That is known to cause issues right now

Oh... I see...

Yes: I had KJR and ALSO that "IR fix" to use Infernal Robotics. So, basically, I have to choose between the two.
Not a big issue (I'm actually just using it to practice naval landing with an F-14 reproduction :P) BUT even disinstalling KJR, those problem where still present...
... or worse: previously, with KJR, they just "bend" in weird ways on their surface attachment origin point. Without it, they just FALL APART on loading the carrier: engines and rudders directly on the ground, the bridge and its "radar" tower jumping in the air and the whole carrier itself sliding away from the launch clamps, like all the parts are unable to kept their surface attachments.

I tried them in a fresh install, so dunno what could be the issue...
... so then no ships, for me, sadly, rather than leaving myself without KJR.

14 hours ago, Araym said:

rather than leaving myself without KJR

you just need to keep  multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement = 1 

The choice is IR or the Ships.

KJR is absolutely needed to keep large parts from falling apart.

On 18/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, Araym said:

- bridge, sometime, bends on its own inside the carrier body...
- engines start turn, spin, bend on their attachment point in the hull..

I'm wondering if this  is a re occurrence of the troubles i had  with LBP and the damnable autostruts, auto struts on used to do this to the LBP carrier and the Tri hulls, and likely still does, try turning off autostrut in the advanced tweakables section

On 24/12/2016 at 6:22 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm wondering if this  is a re occurrence of the troubles i had  with LBP and the damnable autostruts, auto struts on used to do this to the LBP carrier and the Tri hulls, and likely still does, try turning off autostrut in the advanced tweakables section

Interesting: I have to try that...

1 hour ago, DuoDex said:

Can someone please post a .craft file of this mod? I greatly dislike trying to eyeball how it's meant to be put together :(

It's not terribly difficult, there's only a few parts. Grab the hull, slap the island and tower on the deck, slap the engines and rudders on the bottom and autostrut everything. Boom, you have a carrier.

3 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

It's not terribly difficult, there's only a few parts. Grab the hull, slap the island and tower on the deck, slap the engines and rudders on the bottom and autostrut everything. Boom, you have a carrier.

I have trouble with the firespitter functionality though, and was hoping someone (maybe you?) could upload a craft somewhere and do me a favor.

13 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

I have trouble with the firespitter functionality though, and was hoping someone (maybe you?) could upload a craft somewhere and do me a favor.

As long as it's a current firespitter there shouldn't be any issues. What problems are you having exactly?

14 minutes ago, iplayksp said:

hey what is the shipyard from in the pictures

Eskandare Heavy Industries ship yard, it is an addon for Kerbal Konstructs that I haven't released yet. 

Just a note, I'm still working on things. Work has be super demanding due to the holiday season and being short handed, so I've had limited time.

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

Eskandare Heavy Industries ship yard, it is an addon for Kerbal Konstructs that I haven't released yet. 

Just a note, I'm still working on things. Work has be super demanding due to the holiday season and being short handed, so I've had limited time.

awesome 

On 28/12/2016 at 0:43 AM, DuoDex said:

If you're having trouble with firespitter functionality, having a .craft isn't going to fix that.

Reinstall the mod, and see if that fixed anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.