[1.3.1] Carrier Vessel Expansion (CVX) [ver 0.13.1]

Eskandare

10 hours ago, pingopete said:

EDIT2: On another note are there any plans to add a catapult or arresting system? Sorry if this has been asked before

There will be at sometime, there is a plugin in the works but I haven't messed with the code yet.

As it is, i'm working toward 1.2 compatibility in the next release with fixes to the buoyancy of the main hull (waterline) and adding KSteam as a resource, getting ready for the Kuznetsov. 3 ships have steam power (Nimitz CVN, Essex CV, and Admiral Kuznetsov CV), and one Diesel Electric (Wasp LHD).

On 10/7/2016 at 2:11 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Umm. Any Reason why the engines keep detaching and then the carrier heads toward the sun?

Rip Valentina Kerman and 1 f-14

1.1.3 Has a floating point issue that causes the Boat Kraken to bounce the vessel into orbit. 1.2 fixes this.  Engines Falling off use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KJR).

16 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Anyone Else Having Issues W/ The Tower becoming detached? 

Use  Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KJR).

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

@pingopete, I noticed in the video that the textures were stuttering. 

Yeah but it's not just the nimitz, it's all objects, I'm running an outdated RVE with the current scatterer so might be that.

Edit: there is a weird lighting bug that happens when I activate any function on the ship though, everything goes darker, and objects have a weird glow around them?

Edited by pingopete

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

Edit: there is a weird lighting bug that happens when I activate any function on the ship though, everything goes darker, and objects have a weird glow around them?

I've hear that has been happening. Not sure why it only occurs with some people though. I had the lighting bug problem myself, I fixed it by remaking all animations and and checking my Unity log for errors (none came up). I'm very curious as to why it happens and how I can permanently fix it.

Edit: Maybe it is a collider issue? I think I may switch all the moving parts to box colliders instead of convex mesh colliders.

Edited by Eskandare

15 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I've hear that has been happening. Not sure why it only occurs with some people though. I had the lighting bug problem myself, I fixed it by remaking all animations and and checking my Unity log for errors (none came up). I'm very curious as to why it happens and how I can permanently fix it.

Edit: Maybe it is a collider issue? I think I may switch all the moving parts to box colliders instead of convex mesh colliders.

possibly, could again be some interference with scatterer or other lighting mods if it only happens to some people, the glow around object seems to simply be where the darkening isnt happening, really weird.. almost gives an HDR effect haha

Update for 1.2, version 0.12 is out.

Change Log for Version 0.12: Various fixes and adjustments:
-Models and Dependencies updated to KSP 1.2
-Model recompiled as a second attempt to fix the Light Dim Bug.
-Added normal maps
-Added new hull textures
-Added new resource, KSteam
-Adjusted screws (still not perfect, still goes too fast for a carrier, 40m/s, but hey this is a game.)
-Adjusted Buoyancy, hull rests at waterline.
-KSP 1.2 has better floating point so no more boat bounce
-Fixed phantom forces with rudder, but is as useful to steer a carrier as a fly swatter. Hopefully a solution coming soon.

10 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Update for 1.2, version 0.12 is out.

-Adjusted screws (still not perfect, still goes too fast for a carrier, 40m/s, but hey this is a game.)

Really not a problem. My old ID carrier habitually got close to Mach 1.

13 minutes ago, colmo said:

Really not a problem. My old ID carrier habitually got close to Mach 1.

Fortunately the climb is slow but is best to throttle down in a straight line and throttle up while turning to make use of the gimbal (inserted for steering). At least you won't have to wait months to sail to the other side of Kerbin, just hours.

Edit: A real life carrier sails at 30 Kn (approximately 12 m/s) flank speed.

Edited by Eskandare

On 10/10/2016 at 6:21 AM, pingopete said:

Managed to get an automated carrier landing using kOS

Hmm i saw a arrestor hook thingie.Is it for show or is thier really a catapult and arrestor hook system on the carrier of yes give the link and the kraken shall spare you.

37 minutes ago, LionGuy said:

Hmm i saw a arrestor hook thingie.Is it for show or is thier really a catapult and arrestor hook system on the carrier of yes give the link and the kraken shall spare you.

There isn't in this pack but Fengist is working on such a system for his Maritime pack, there is a hook available in Blue Hawk Industries, and there are arrestor wires in an older mod, InfiniteDice's boat parts. 

16 minutes ago, jrolson said:

Every time I throttle up the engines, they break off ;.;

@Eskandare I'm having this issue too. Everything worked fine out of the gate but the engines behave strangely now. When I throttle up they break free and flip forwards, then dance around when I steer p/s. As far as I know I only have 1.2 mods in this install, and very few at that.

14 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

@Eskandare I'm having this issue too. Everything worked fine out of the gate but the engines behave strangely now. When I throttle up they break free and flip forwards, then dance around when I steer p/s. As far as I know I only have 1.2 mods in this install, and very few at that.

That is really strange, I don't get that at all in any of my tests. I'll look into how that is happening.

Edited by Eskandare

52 minutes ago, jrolson said:

Every time I throttle up the engines, they break off ;.;

You really need rigid attachment for motor joints, the torque required to move these large ships overpower the normal flexible joint and strain it to the point it breaks, while rigid attachment is a less than perfect solution it is the only one I've found that works.

@Eskandare just started adding the 8th and ninth nodes to the attachment points , xyz, xyz, size, 8/crossfeed, 9/rigid or flexi,   so, as i know that fuel cross feed true is 1, then I'm going with joint is rigid, being 1 also  so a new node def looks like

node_stack_base = 0, 0, 0.00, 0, -1, 0, 7, 1, 1 //yes there's meant to be 9

Much like the bounds thing from yesterday, which multiplies the mass of the drag cube as far as i can tell, and seems to be a weigh of making light things appear much heavier than they are, tested your setting alongside mine and the CV went insta sub :) Plug it in and see if it helps,  

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You really need rigid attachment for motor joints, the torque required to move these large ships overpower the normal flexible joint and strain it to the point it breaks, while rigid attachment is a less than perfect solution it is the only one I've found that works.

@Eskandare just started adding the 8th and ninth nodes to the attachment points , xyz, xyz, size, 8/crossfeed, 9/rigid or flexi,   so, as i know that fuel cross feed true is 1, then I'm going with joint is rigid, being 1 also  so a new node def looks like

node_stack_base = 0, 0, 0.00, 0, -1, 0, 7, 1, 1 //yes there's meant to be 9

Much like the bounds thing from yesterday, which multiplies the mass of the drag cube as far as i can tell, and seems to be a weigh of making light things appear much heavier than they are, tested your setting alongside mine and the CV went insta sub :) Plug it in and see if it helps,  

New defs?

25 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

yup, it's only mentioned vaguely in the change log and I've yet to find a working example anywhere , if the extras aren't there i believe it defaults to crossfeed true and jelly joint, so no need to add unless you need to add :)

I'll give it a try as soon as I get the chance.

Also your carrier became a sub with my setting? 

Edited by Eskandare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.