Devnote Tuesday: 1.2 Pre-release, the bug hunt and more!

SQUAD

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

Looks like he did most the ones I had suggested, except cargo but oh well.  We don't actually have that build in pre-release though so no certainty he did exactly what I had said, he could have come up with his own.

I came up with these, but cargo/payload would be a decent addition.

Yay for cinematics still being a thing! Welcome to the family, Leto! (No forum account yet? :) )

Decluttering the parts menu, new icons for vessels - quality of life changes for me! Up until now I had my comm-net satellites set as bases in orbit to see my real probes!
("Huh? Thermal category? So just for three heat shields? Oohh... right... radiators..." :D )
@Arsonide Are all wheels in the gear category or just the ones for planes?

@sal_vager That's some deep kerb, man, some deep kerb!

Edited by KerbMav

6 hours ago, SQUAD said:
 Additionally, right clicking on the staging icon will now open up the part’s action window for the part it is staging.

Thank you for this!  I just started KSP within the past month and this was an intuitive motion that I kept TRYING to do without success.  Sounds like you guys not only make great programs, but you read minds too?

6 hours ago, Laguna said:

Oh yes, the huge unwieldy Utilities category has finally been broken down into sensible, more managable parts.  That was the first use of custom categories I did.

In fact, an "Electrics" custom category was one of the first I made. :)

And does that show that the antennas are in Communication now, instead of Science?

It took people actually talking about it for me to even realize the change... NIIIICE! :cool: I blame... 2:46 am! Time for bed! :D

That said... I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! Jeb's about to lose control, and I think he likes it! :sticktongue:

8 hours ago, SQUAD said:

two new vessel types have been added: Comsat and Plane, both with icons for the mapview

Aww. Yeah. :)

And stupid question; assuming I wait for all my vital mods to be available for 1.2, can I upgrade my existing career game? 

1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

I took a 1.1.3 save into 1.2 and it worked fine (this was a stock game mind)

Probably be fine then. I have a lot of things out in the wild that have modded parts, so I'll have to wait for those to catch up, but as long as there isn't a known game-breaker I doubt it'll cause any problems :)  Did you get an option to disable com net? It occurs to me that I'm going to lose contact with a lot of probes...

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

Did you get an option to disable com net? It occurs to me that I'm going to lose contact with a lot of probes...

You can disable Commnet from the difficulty options in-game. Roverdue specifically said this was one of the things they considered when adding it.

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If you're updating a 1.1.3 save, you won't need to disable CommNet. It's disabled on upgraded saves for exactly the thing you're worried about :)

Excellent, cheers ^^

20 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

You can disable Commnet from the difficulty options in-game. Roverdue specifically said this was one of the things they considered when adding it.

Perfect :) 

Someone is making it very hard to wrap up my 1.1(.3) career before I start serious efforts on 1.2.

At least I am almost done(Eeloo scansat is enroute and Jool explorers are waiting in the orbit of Duna for the Ike fuel station to give them enough fuel to land and refuel on Ike(I messed up my Jool escape burn but was able to divert to Duna, barely)).  They(and their rescue) are my only kerbals still out, so once they get home I van abandon them and make serious 1.2 efforts.

Over 150K science(after finishing the full community tech tree).

11 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Also @Arsonide could we get the Fuel Tanks icon made to look a bit more in-line the rest? The color on it looks weird with the rest of them which are one color.

Yes, that's a pet peeve of mine. Specially because it reminds me nothing of fuel when it's not selected.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.