Devnote Tuesday: 1.2 Pre-release, the bug hunt and more!

SQUAD

6 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

@SQUAD will the xbox port be perfect (as you promised it will be) after this patch and can you please issue a sincere apology to the playstation community?

I don't think there is such a thing as perfect software. If you are expecting KSP to be completely bug free after updating you are very likely going to be disappointed; I've been playing KSP for 5 years and haven't played a bug-free version yet.

6 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I don't think there is such a thing as perfect software. If you are expecting KSP to be completely bug free after updating you are very likely going to be disappointed; I've been playing KSP for 5 years and haven't played a bug-free version yet.

Uhmmm, only game that is bug free that comes to mind is "Pac-Man", but then again I'm old so it can also be that I'm dement.:confused:

15 hours ago, SQUAD said:
two new vessel types have been added: Comsat and Plane, both with icons for the mapview. Additionally, right clicking on the staging icon will now open up the part’s action window for the part it is staging.

This sound great. How hard is it now to add more custom vesseltypes for modder?

34 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Pac-Man Kill Screen Bug

100% bug free software in a system of even moderate complexity is not a realistic expectation.

Look back at your dev notes from three weeks ago I think,  you guys said that you wanted to make the port perfect,  that was your excuse for this unprecedented amount of time to wait.  And I have exercised patience to the point that it's all gone, nine weeks and counting for the ps4, appalling.

46 minutes ago, ISE said:

I think no apologies are needed, the DEV team works very hard for all the KSP fans, and patience is something you will need to have in this business. :) 

Absolutely apologies are necessary when a company knowingly sells a highly defective product and then shows a complete lack of transparency and respect to its customers. You do realise that we console players are also customers just like the pc users?

https://m.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3slem9/concerns_about_ksps_console_portingflying_tiger/

FYI. This guy saw this mess coming,  just wish squad had done as much research into FTE as this guy did. Apologies please.

4 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Are you honestly blaming me for this mess? Do you do your own QA on all of the products you buy? Give me a break.  @SQUAD I'm sure you'd agree

If you feel like I am blaming you - that is on you alone. But if you knew of Mirkury's reservations and bought the product anyway, you cannot cite him to underline your demands.

And yes, I do my own research, even if I only ask friends or read comments on Amazon or Steam.

1 hour ago, RW1984 said:

@SQUAD will the xbox port be perfect (as you promised it will be) after this patch and can you please issue a sincere apology to the playstation community?

There is no such thing as a perfect software.

And in a software where you can mix and match and play it the way you want, there's never going to be a bug free release.

There will always be serious issues, at least for some, and that's not going to change.

5 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

There is no such thing as a perfect software.

And in a software where you can mix and match and play it the way you want, there's never going to be a bug free release.

There will always be serious issues, at least for some, and that's not going to change.

I don't seek perfection, I want my product that I paid for to function at even a basic level, as it is its the worst game I've ever had the misfortune to play on any platform. 

8 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

If you feel like I am blaming you - that is on you alone. But if you knew of Mirkury's reservations and bought the product anyway, you cannot cite him to underline your demands.

And yes, I do my own research, even if I only ask friends or read comments on Amazon or Steam.

You are trying to make this about me.  Anyway squad should've looked into this developer FTE before they gave them the port, such a foolish decision. When I buy a game I don't expect it to be bug free and if it has bugs I expect them to be addressed within two month.  This game has a plethora of game breakers and hasn't received one iota of support in nine weeks and counting,  disgraceful. 

16 hours ago, SQUAD said:

We also wanted to take this opportunity to introduce the new kid on block: Leticia (Leto), our new new lead artist! Leticia has been working in games for a while and she is super excited to be a part of the KSP family. Along with Pablo, they’ve been developing the 1.2 cinematic teaser, we hope you’ll like it!

New lead artist? Porkjet is still there, right? Well, anyways, welcome aboard Leto!

9 hours ago, T-Bouw said:

So ehh, the crickets are going to take over the night-shift right? Right? :rolleyes:

Actually, yes.

6 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

New lead artist? Porkjet is still there, right? Well, anyways, welcome aboard Leto!

Not that kind of artist.  They are talking about the artist that does the promotional stuff.  Images and videos.  The last one left some months ago (prior to 1.0.5, we haven't had a release video since 1.0)

Edited by Alshain

Any news on 1.2 on console? Has FT even started on that yet or are they still busy trying to fix their mistakes? How long until the console version is caught up with the PC version? How far apart are they? When can console players expect to see 1.2? A month? 6 months? A year? Most games try to release updates across multiple platforms pretty close together, usually within a week, or at the most a month. 

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I to this very day still click "engines" first when I'm looking for fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, monstah said:

Me too, that's exactly what I mean.

The engine icon is no help either.  The SRB depiction looks too much like a tank.  If it looked more like an LFO engine bell, this wouldn't be a problem.

However, you should know he didn't make any new icons for these categories.  Those icons were already in the game and could be used on custom categories.  I was mistaken, there were similar icons, but these are new.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.