[KSP 1.8][2018-12-22] WarpEverywhere [v1.0] Warp faster, in more places

Superfluous J

WarpEverywhere.jpg

WarpEverywhere
This is a very simple mod that removes time warp restrictions and adds 2 more levels of time warp, 1,000,000x and 10,000,000x. A Kerbin year is almost 10 million seconds long (9203328), so this new maximum time warp will go forward about a year every second!

DOWNLOAD:

SOURCE:
https://github.com/5thHorseman/WarpEverywhere

LICENSE:
GNU GPLv3

ATTRIBUTION:
This project uses code and ideas from WarpUnlocker and TimeControl.

CHANGELOG:

• 1.0: (Current) Declared Done - NOTE still works in 1.6
    • No bugs for a year
    • Recompile for 1.4.3. No code changes.
  • 0.1: Initial build.
    • 2 extra warp levels.
    • Removal of altitude limits on all worlds.

COMPATIBILITY:
I expect WarpEverywhere to work with most all other mods, with the exception of course of mods that change warp rates. I suggest only using one of those at a time in general.
In particular, WarpEverywhere should work just fine with any mods that add or change planets; This should remove the warp restrictions from all of them.
Note: This doesn't work all that great with Kerbal Alarm Clock at the top 2 levels. At full warp (1 year per second) the game just warps too fast for KAC to slow it down fast enough for your alerts. If you manually slow down about a year before the window, though, everything works fine.
If you find a mod that this conflicts with, let me know. I can't make promises, except that I'll look into it.

TO DO:
Nothing!

WON'T DO:

• Add a config so you can set your own warp rates. I think it's better to have this mod as a stalwart, simple addition to the game and if you want more control, use one of the other warp configuring mods instead.
  • Modify physics warp. It's just too squirrely even at 4x to justify the work.
  • The 2 extra time warp levels don't have their own triangles in the UI. I'm not a UI guy so I have no idea how to make that happen. I control time warp with my keyboard so I don't even really pay that much attention to that part of the UI anyway. So, I won't be "fixing" this.

DONATIONS

I do not need donations, but if you want to contribute, please donate to SpaceDock:

patreonSD.png

Edited by 5thHorseman
Verified 1.6 compatability

• 3 weeks later...

Very handy mod. Thanks.

Why are the warp restrictions there in the first place?

PS - Mechjeb doesn't use the extra warp speeds available and if you try to use the new high warp speeds then MJ drops warp back down. Not your fault and it's not a massive problem or anything, I'm just saying. 

Edited by Foxster

35 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Very handy mod. Thanks.

PS - Mechjeb doesn't use the extra warp speeds available and if you try to use the new high warp speeds then MJ drops warp back down. Not your fault and it's not a massive problem or anything, I'm just saying. 

Yeah I can't fix MechJeb :) I can't even understand most of that code :)

The warp restrictions are there to protect players from themselves. I don't think it's a bad idea per se, but if you're in the f5 habit you're not risking much and gaining a lot. Of game time spent not warping :)

11 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yeah I can't fix MechJeb :) I can't even understand most of that code :)

I know what you mean. I had a look at some a while ago and it was unfathomable. I think some of it is that it's doing some really clever calculations and the code for that is just too esoteric for me. 

The old contractor coder's adage of "If it's hard to write, it should be hard to understand" might apply too. 

7 minutes ago, 3dprintingnut said:

Very nice mod! Any plans on making the physical time warp go faster for long Ion engine burns?

No, but I can look into it. I know other mods have done more but I've never tried it, as I try to keep my burns under 5 minutes or so, I just suffer through.

I'm freakishly low on spare time right now, though, so I don't know when I'll even start looking at it.

20 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

No, but I can look into it. I know other mods have done more but I've never tried it, as I try to keep my burns under 5 minutes or so, I just suffer through.

I'm freakishly low on spare time right now, though, so I don't know when I'll even start looking at it.

That would be great if you could. I have a Ion ship with a three day burn time and I have been looking for a mod to help me out with speeding it up.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

How does this play with TimeControl?

I've not tested it, but I expect them to play very poorly together. From the OP:

COMPATIBILITY:
I expect WarpEverywhere to work with most all other mods, with the exception of course of mods that change warp rates. I suggest only using one of those at a time in general.

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

I've had it running with TC before, and the warp rates in the warp rate editor from TC all just show '0', so saves you needing to edit them I guess lol

I half expect my mod to overwrite anything you set in TC, but it could also be that TC comes in and overwrites my mod's numbers each time. In any case, there's no harm in it except it may just work weird.

---

In regards to the mod in general, I've added a download link to GitHub considering SpaceDock seems to have fallen onto hard times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.10.2016 at 11:59 PM, Foxster said:

Very handy mod. Thanks.

Strange...For me Mechjeb use  extra warp when skip time for execute burn...

Hi! Thank you for the great work!

I have a little problem running the mod :( It really releases any constrains when out of atmosphere, But is it possible to do the same within? It is still locked to 4x ;(( Therefore, flying on a prop plane 700 kilometers in order to take science from biome or complete a contract is still a PAIN, even with autopilot ON... you have to walk around the computer, giving it a glance once for a while... and it takes LOONG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.