[KSP 1.8][2018-12-22] WarpEverywhere [v1.0] Warp faster, in more places

Superfluous J

1 hour ago, Lan_Morehell said:

is it possible to do the same within? It is still locked to 4x

I'm pretty sure it's not only possible, but given the framework within the mod it shouldn't be too hard. I've been leery to do it because most craft I fly can't handle 4x, I'd hate to accidentally go higher :D

However, I'm up for trying when I get time. I had previously considered removing 3x and making the 3rd step 4x, and then a 6x or 8x past that. However, I think now it'd be better to leave the original 4 alone and just add maybe 6x, 8x, and 10x. I don't know how the physics engine will handle 10x physics warp (but I'm guessing it'll do so poorly) but hey, it's your plane, right? :D

I don't know when I'll get to this (I'm still quite busy but not so much as I have been over the past 6 weeks) but hopefully soon.

You might want to hook it up to ModuleManager so that folks could feed in arbitrary sized custom arrays to either regular or physics warp via a cfg patch?

You'd probably want to disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, but why not sell rope to the people who want it?

Edited by Jim DiGriz

31 minutes ago, Jim DiGriz said:

You might want to hook it up to ModuleManager so that folks could feed in arbitrary sized custom arrays to either regular or physics warp via a cfg patch?

You'd probably want to disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, but why not sell rope to the people who want it?

There are other warp changing mods out there that let you set your own warp levels. This is intended to be a simple extension to the stock warp levels plus a disconnect of the stock warp altitude limits.

I'm all for configurability, most of the time. But not in this case.

• 5 months later...

WarpEverywhere works without modification in KSP version 1.3.

As soon as Spacedock allows it I'll update there, but as-is you can just use the 1.2.2 file. It won't change when 1.3 is available as a version, I'll just update Spacedock to fit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm claiming this good in 1.6 after using it quite extensively.

If you "warp to" a node, the game successfully slows down no matter how fast it was going - something the game has had a bit of trouble with in the past. So, now it's actually BETTER than it was. I haven't tested Kerbal Alarm Clock yet because I've not had the need for it yet. YMMV and feel free to let me know if there's a problem though I doubt there's anything I can do about it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sirius K said:

Can you make a similar mod but without removing limits in different altitudes?

I can but I won't, as I don't even have a development environment anymore and doubt I'll be installing one any time soon. Also, the height limit removal is literally the reason the mod exists. It's what I wanted. The extra time warp speeds were just easy to do.

However, if you want to take a try at it the code is super simple and how to disable the height limits should be obvious.

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

Just curious: why would you want such mod that still enforces the altitude limits, @Sirius K ?

I can understand why, though I don't agree of course :). But I've accidentally slammed into the surface of many many worlds due to either forgetting to slow down time warp, or because I accelerated it one more time than I wanted and the game happily let me. If I really liked the extra high speeds but forgot F5 quick saves a lot, it'd be a nice granular change.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:22 PM, VoidSquid said:

Just curious: why would you want such mod that still enforces the altitude limits, @Sirius K ?

I have this mod before, but sometimes I just over timewarp and crash in to the surface or zip pass the atmosphere.

I see. I, on the other hand, am glad that there are no such restrictions, e.g. if going for a Mun landing on a specific spot which is currently at the dark side, it can take quite a while to forward time, and with a 100x limit for low orbit, it takes way too long real time for me.

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2016 at 12:58 PM, 5thHorseman said:

This is a very simple mod that removes time warp restrictions

As soon as I enter a certain layer of the atomosphere of any planet (enter the atmoshphere), the warp triangles disappears from max to 4. I play with the RSS mod and it takes me about 20 minutes of real time  to land rover in free fall for example on Titan. I tried without mods and the result is the same. It is only for me or it is not bug that   that you can`t accelerate warp more than 4x in free fall throughout the landing ?

46 minutes ago, Ciko said:

As soon as I enter a certain layer of the atomosphere of any planet (enter the atmoshphere), the warp triangles disappears from max to 4. I play with the RSS mod and it takes me about 20 minutes of real time  to land rover in free fall for example on Titan. I tried without mods and the result is the same. It is only for me or it is not bug that   that you can`t accelerate warp more than 4x in free fall throughout the landing ?

Woah crazy font there.

This mod does not touch physical time warp, so that's totally normal. I think the mod BetterTimeWarp does that but don't use it so am not 100% sure.

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Woah crazy font there.

This mod does not touch physical time warp, so that's totally normal. I think the mod BetterTimeWarp does that but don't use it so am not 100% sure.

Thank you. BetterTimeWarpContinued work for me like a charm

Edited by Ciko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.