Reusables

KSP 1.2: How to block fuel flow divided with radial tanks?

Question

I made a lifter in KSP 1.1, which uses difference in burn time with a Skipper and 4 radial Terriers, so that I can control with more efficient Terrier engins on orbit. But new fuel flow feature in KSP 1.2 allows radial fuel flow, which makes the 5 fuel tanks for each engines exhaust equally, which makes my lifters impractical.

So... How can I block the radial flow?

4 answers to this question

I think you'll need to put a non-crossfeed part between the core and each booster, I'm afraid. You could also manually disable the Skipper when it's no longer needed (not quite as automatic as relying on fuel flow but a similar effect).

The radial decouplers which used to restrict fuel crossfeed, should have toggles in 1.2 to disable the crossfeed, putting it back to the older behavior that you seek.

I'd say disabling the Skipper when it's no longer needed is the easiest solution, like RIC suggested. Since crossfeed works both ways, that means the Terriers can also draw from the leftover fuel in the center tank.

You'll still have the same amount of fuel available, it'll just be distributed differently throughout the available space.

Edited by Streetwind