Hi, 

I just downloaded the newest version of KSP (1.1.3) and the Launcher will not let me press "play" or update my settings. Along with this when I open the game directly it freezes and the screen says "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions." I left it for a night and it never launched. I've been playing this game since 2013 so this is disappointing. 

My Computer:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-Inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB 1867MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Software: MacOS Sierra (10.12)

This computer is more than capable of running this game, I have tried: re-installing multiple times, downloading older versions, using the installer, using the direct .zip version, I have installed new and old Unity Players (5.2.4/5.4.1) and still nothing works. 

Hi @pb43465, where have you unzipped KSP? if it's not unzipped or not in a folder in your home folder please extract the contents of the zip file to or move KSP to your home folder, thank you.

If that doesn't help please post the contents of the Player.log (see below for details).

22 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Hi @pb43465, where have you unzipped KSP? if it's not unzipped or not in a folder in your home folder please extract the contents of the zip file to or move KSP to your home folder, thank you.

So I fixed it:

I right clicked on the launcher and selected to see the package contents.

Then I found the MacOS folder and clicked on the "launcher" exec file and voila it launched. Very odd...

Edited by pb43465

On 21/09/2016 at 9:20 PM, pb43465 said:

So I fixed it:

Then I found the MacOS folder and clicked on the "launcher" exec file and voila it launched. Very odd...

Thank you so much. Ran into the same problem with my MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014 retina. KSP was stuck on "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" and would not let me update through the launcher. Now playing KSP prerelease 1.2 on MacOS Sierra Version 10.12 without problem. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2016 at 5:00 PM, SinQ882 said:

Thank you so much. Ran into the same problem with my MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014 retina. KSP was stuck on "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions" and would not let me update through the launcher. Now playing KSP prerelease 1.2 on MacOS Sierra Version 10.12 without problem. 

Same problem on my MacBook Pro, same solution. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Dr Von Blok said:

How do you correct this problem?

I do not want to have to launch the Launcher from the Terminal every time I want to play KSP from my Mac Mini. The application launches without issues from my MacBook Pro. 

Thank you.

Hi Dr Von Bloc, pb43465 details this in his post, above and below :)

On 21/09/2016 at 8:20 PM, pb43465 said:

So I fixed it:

I hear that KSP works normally after doing this, it is a problem with Apples Gatekeeper software.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.