[1.12.x] EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats (with sound & multiple parachutes)

linuxgurugamer

On 5/31/2017 at 6:10 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

When you do,send it to me and I'll add it.

will do.  I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of changing deployedDrag to a much higher value, will verify when possible.

11 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No don't. Mods are often not backwards compatible as they use new things added in each version. 

Not only a bad idea from a support perspective, most of them don't seem to work.  Anything that's *just parts* might work, but anything with DLL functionality generally will cause KSP to crash before you even get to the main menu.  So at least you can't really use them by accident :wink:

@linuxgurugamer I have what I think is a patch for FAR, but it seems like only one of my directives works at a time...?  Here's the patch code, please tell me what I did wrong:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]
    {
        %deployHeight = 700
        %deployedDrag = 1000
    }
}

This sets an appropriate amount of drag for a soft landing, but it makes deployHeight not work.  In this configuration, it deploys at 200 like before.  I also need to speed up the deploy time, but first things first...  could it be because I'm also using the addejectiontoall patch which also overloads the %deployHeight and sets it to 200?

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Nightside said:

What do you mean? Why wouldn't it be compatible? 

i just tested it a few times, and the ejection module always choses the stock "inline" hatch over the hatch added by the mod, and thereby shoots my porr kerbal into the cargohold of my plane.

12 hours ago, Filigan said:

i just tested it a few times, and the ejection module always choses the stock "inline" hatch over the hatch added by the mod, and thereby shoots my porr kerbal into the cargohold of my plane.

Yeah, thats a problem.  What happens if that happens if that hatch is blocked by another part. 

On 16. 06. 2017. at 1:07 AM, ss8913 said:

@linuxgurugamer I have what I think is a patch for FAR, but it seems like only one of my directives works at a time...?  Here's the patch code, please tell me what I did wrong:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
    {
        %deployHeight = 700
        %deployedDrag = 1000
    }
}

This sets an appropriate amount of drag for a soft landing, but it makes deployHeight not work.  In this configuration, it deploys at 200 like before.  I also need to speed up the deploy time, but first things first...  could it be because I'm also using the addejectiontoall patch which also overloads the %deployHeight and sets it to 200?

Did you have any luck resolving this? I tried to write a FAR compatibility patch before but was unsuccessful and eventually gave up on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8.7.2017 at 5:17 PM, Vrana said:

Did you have any luck resolving this? I tried to write a FAR compatibility patch before but was unsuccessful and eventually gave up on it.

Making the FAR patch run last, by adding :FINAL, may help:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]]:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]:FINAL
{
	{
		%deployHeight = 700
		%deployedDrag = 1000
	}
}

As @ss8913 suspected, addEjectionToAll.cfg (or some other patch) is probably overriding the setting from FAR_patch.cfg, since they both specify deployHeight. As @linuxgurugamer suggested, the end result of the MM patching can be verified from the MM cache file.

Or in detail: there should be a text file called ModuleManager.ConfigCache in your GameData directory. Open it and search for "vanguard". The actual PART names are "EjectionModule" and "EjectionCover2A". For both parts, look under the MODULE named "ModuleKrEjectPilot"; there should be entries for deployHeight and deployedDrag showing the end result after all the MM patching from all of your installed mods. If these say 700 and 1000, respectively, the parachutes should work properly under FAR.

This version of the patch works at least for me, the resulting values are correct and EVA parachute landings are survivable under FAR. I'm playing without addEjectionToAll.cfg, but that shouldn't matter.

Ah, and thanks @linuxgurugamer for resurrecting this!

Ejection seats and parachutes go very nicely with Kerbal Launch Failure, in case the LAS fails catastrophically or for designs where one cannot be installed (spaceplanes).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dose it work for 1.2.2

im doing a war series and was wondering if it would work for that

just to check you don’t need kerbal inventory system or anything like that

thanks so much for reviving it I’ve stared  at the old page wishing I could use it and now hopefully I can

So I just installed the latest version on git hub and it crashed my game when loading

usning version 1.2.2 what’s wrong do I need a difrent download or what 

please help me

PS.GOT A LOT OF MOD ONSTALED SO IT MAY BE CONFLICTING FILES BUT IT CRASHED ON START UP

THANKS SO MUCH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This seems to... not work at all in 1.3.1 ... I think I may have had another mod in 1.3.0 that adds a patch to put ejection seats in all cockpits(?) but I'm not sure... what does one need to do in VAB/SPH to add ejection seats manually?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.