[1.12.x] EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats (with sound & multiple parachutes)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed something about this mod in my install, while testing some behaviour that killed a few Kerbals during a simulated pad abort, and I don't see this mentioned anywhere. It doesn't use the capsule's hatch's angle as you might interpret it, i.e. directly out from the hatch orientation -- it uses the angle between the capsule hatch and the root part. Whether that's intentional or not, it makes for some interesting pad aborts if you have e.g. a stack of two capsules and the top one is the root part: Kerbals get ejected into the ground. The fix is obviously quite easy: Just make the root part the bottom capsule, or even the heatshield underneath it if you want the ejection to lob the Kerbals up a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Would be nice though if you just used the stock EVA chutes. Feel like I can manuever better with them, and there's also no reason not to use them. I mean I know that they are fast, but maybe you could choose between your chutes and the stock chutes?

Edited by Kev1n8088

42 minutes ago, Kev1n8088 said:

Would be nice though if you just used the stock EVA chutes. Feel like I can manuever better with them, and there's also no reason not to use them. I mean I know that they are fast, but maybe you could choose between your chutes and the stock chutes?

And yes, you can.  But this is intended to be part of an ejection seat, and the main concern is to save the pilot.  Ejection seat parachutes have to be packed extremely tightly into a very small space, no room left over for frivolities 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Question/Curiosity:

browsing folders and files in Vanguard Technologies, I found a MM patch that adds "ModuleKrKerbalParachute" to some of the "kerbalEVA" definitions, namely the Default and Vintage ones (both for the male and female versions).......
... should it been update also for the Slim and Future ones???

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.