[1.12.x] EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats (with sound & multiple parachutes)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, KSPMom said:

My son has installed version 0.1.15 of this mod for KSP 1.3.1. He is not able to deploy the parachutes following the instructions. Are there known issues with this version?

How did he install it?

Did he install ModuleManager?  It is needed.

Then, if it still isn’t working, post a link to a log file.

In answer tomyour question, there not not any issues with that version.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, KSPMom said:

We installed 0.1.15 manually downloading from SpaceDoc. I'm not a professional developer so need a little help understanding where to find the log file. Thank you!

My sig has a link to a post describing where to get it (depends on the system).  

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer,  a little request, if you have time, would it be possible to disable stock personal chutes when using this mod? I downloaded this mod specifically because the stock chute level 3 requirement is a bit ridiculous, but now the stock chutes and this mod's chutes kind of duplicate. Would it be possible to disable stock ones?

3 hours ago, aluc24 said:

@linuxgurugamer,  a little request, if you have time, would it be possible to disable stock personal chutes when using this mod? I downloaded this mod specifically because the stock chute level 3 requirement is a bit ridiculous, but now the stock chutes and this mod's chutes kind of duplicate. Would it be possible to disable stock ones?

While there's no way to remove the graphics, you can disable them by adding this ModuleManager file.  Create a file called MM_DelKerbalChute.cfg in the GameData directory and add the following:

@PART[kerbalEVA|kerbalEVAfemale]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleEvaChute]
	{ }
}

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

While there's no way to remove the graphics, you can disable them by adding this ModuleManager file.  Create a file called MM_DelKerbalChute.cfg in the GameData directory and add the following:

@PART[kerbalEVA|kerbalEVAfemale]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleEvaChute]
	{ }
}

Thank you! What did you mean that it is impossible to remove the graphics?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes

All right, thank you very much! If I might suggest, I believe other players might also want to know this, or have it as a base functionality of this mod, considering that it doesn't make sense to have both stock and mod chutes. But of course, that is up to you to decide if you want to include it. Anyway, thank you for taking up to maintain and develop so many mods, the KSP community owes you big time!

2 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

All right, thank you very much! If I might suggest, I believe other players might also want to know this, or have it as a base functionality of this mod, considering that it doesn't make sense to have both stock and mod chutes. But of course, that is up to you to decide if you want to include it. Anyway, thank you for taking up to maintain and develop so many mods, the KSP community owes you big time!

Actually, it does make sense, since each chute is different.

Not planning on making any changes to the mod at this time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i tried to disable stock parachutes with the MM patch as pasted above. Now I get a transparent stock parachute instead, on top of your parachutes. Any ideas how to circumvent it? Thank you.

KSP 1.5.1

Removed all other mods, but that did not help either.

Edited by claustro
additional info

On 11/8/2018 at 7:14 PM, claustro said:

Hello,

i tried to disable stock parachutes with the MM patch as pasted above. Now I get a transparent stock parachute instead, on top of your parachutes. Any ideas how to circumvent it? Thank you.

KSP 1.5.1

Removed all other mods, but that did not help either.

As far as I know, that's the only way.  But, the patch is incorrect, it should be this:

@PART[kerbalEVA|kerbalEVA*]
{
	-MODULE[ModuleEvaChute]
	{ }
}

My bad, I had the realChute mod in the vanguard folder, hence it lingered still in my setup and it's the cause of the transparent kerbal chute. 

I guess I will have to figure out how to instruct MM to remove realChute's EVA parachute for a compatibility patch. Thanks.

I will add logs and a screenshot later on... sorry.

Edited by claustro

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.