[DISCONTINUED] DropAManeuverNode [v0.2]

Superfluous J

I use multiple maneuver nodes more often for figuring out what I can do with the delta-v I've got rather than to actually burn them as planned. Having an idea what the upcoming parts of the mission are going to cost helps with deciding whether or not to try to squeeze in some extra encounters/landings on an in-progress mission.

Edit: looking at the way you've got things grouped into sections you should be able to create a section for each intercept to add the buttons. So after the "orbit" section you might have a "Mun Flyby" and then a "Minmus Flyby" section if the current trajectory flies you past both.

Edited by nathan1

13 hours ago, nathan1 said:

Edit: looking at the way you've got things grouped into sections you should be able to create a section for each intercept to add the buttons. So after the "orbit" section you might have a "Mun Flyby" and then a "Minmus Flyby" section if the current trajectory flies you past both.

Or like a left/right button to cycle through SOI changes... somehow :D

8 hours ago, Speadge said:

Something i would be very thankful for is the ability to select target intercept points.

That's on the docket. I just forgot to put it in the "to do next" list. It looks to be kinda difficult, though, as the in-game functions for determining this stuff seem to be completely useless; they always return "0".

18 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

That's on the docket. I just forgot to put it in the "to do next" list. It looks to be kinda difficult, though, as the in-game functions for determining this stuff seem to be completely useless; they always return "0".

maybe head over to sarbian, he had a "closest approach" readout in Mechjeb for 1.1.3.

Even if this is not compatible for 1.2 yet, he might have used annother approach back then?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm I was going to post based on seeing one of your YouTube videos where you first introduced this. (But I see you have added even more abilities lately)

I had been thinking, cant you already drop maneuver nodes in the "Precise Node" mod?  Back when I was playing 1.0.4 I used to use it to place/create maneuver nodes on the Pe AN DN Ap nodes all the time using the buttons in Precise Node.

13 hours ago, BlackHat said:

I had been thinking, cant you already drop maneuver nodes in the "Precise Node" mod?  Back when I was playing 1.0.4 I used to use it to place/create maneuver nodes on the Pe AN DN Ap nodes all the time using the buttons in Precise Node.

I know of no way in PreciseNode to create maneuver nodes. You can create one using the normal method (or this mod :wink:) and then use PreciseNode to move it to those places.

On 10/15/2016 at 4:41 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I know of no way in PreciseNode to create maneuver nodes. You can create one using the normal method (or this mod :wink:) and then use PreciseNode to move it to those places.

Hmm, now that I think about it, your right, after creating a maneuver node, PreciseNode would move it to one of those locations when the appropriate button was clicked. :)

On 10/18/2016 at 0:40 PM, Bit Fiddler said:

what about adding in SOI change as a drop point?

I like the idea, just don't know how to do it. I was thinking maybe "5 minutes after SOI change" or something like that, as it might be confusing to try to do a burn right AT the change.

well actually I usually drop one a few "pixels" I never look at the time really before the SOI change so I can warp to the point then cross the SOI in manual flight just to be sure everything is ok.  so a 1 min. prior would be ok for that reason.

This is great! I love efficiency. And I use precise node all the time to move to AP/PE and the circularize. But now i won't even have to go into the map view to create the node in the first place! Thanks!

Quick question. With AN/DN, what's the reference to? Because when I used precise node the other day to go to minmus, I was trying to move the node to the an/dn so that I could turn my orbit to match minmus's, But it didn't put it in the right place at all? I think it was putting the node at the AN/DN of my kerbin-orbit. Not the relative to minmus orbit. So what does your mod do in regards to that issue?

22 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

With AN/DN, what's the reference to?

There are two sets of An/Dn buttons on the screen. The top pair (in the Orbit section) are relative to the universe as a whole. If you burn at them (in the right direction for the correct amount) then your orbit will be perfectly equatorial to the universe, which also happens to be every planet in the game's equator. It's nice, but not always particularly useful.

The second set of buttons (in the Target section) are relative to your TARGET, and these are usually what you care about. You need to set Minmus as your Target, and then click the An or Dn button there.

13 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

There are two sets of An/Dn buttons on the screen. The top pair (in the Orbit section) are relative to the universe as a whole. If you burn at them (in the right direction for the correct amount) then your orbit will be perfectly equatorial to the universe, which also happens to be every planet in the game's equator. It's nice, but not always particularly useful.

The second set of buttons (in the Target section) are relative to your TARGET, and these are usually what you care about. You need to set Minmus as your Target, and then click the An or Dn button there.

Ah. Makes sense. Do you know if that's what precise node was doing? putting the AN at the universal AN? And is there a way to make it NOT do that?

4 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Ah. Makes sense. Do you know if that's what precise node was doing? putting the AN at the universal AN? And is there a way to make it NOT do that?

No clue about PN. You could test it though. use DAMN to put one at your absolute AN, move it a little, and then click AN in Precise Node and see what it does.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

No clue about PN. You could test it though. use DAMN to put one at your absolute AN, move it a little, and then click AN in Precise Node and see what it does.

Yeah that's the plan. I just won't be home for like 5 hours and my knowledge is not a patient entity :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.