Assign a "Delay" within an Action Group

When assigning Action Groups, it would be very useful if we could use a Delay within the group so we could program a series of events just with 1 button press. We could get some really neat and creative things going on with just adding this one thing. I'm sure there are countless things we can come up with, but the great thing about it is it would add so much play value to the game, for such an easy thing to insert.

You'd probably want to be able to assign a value to the Delay, and all the actions would need to flow top down for it to work.

Just an idea.

Personally, there aren't many things I assign to action groups that require a sequencer of sorts. Most of the things I place in actions are for on-demand actions.

Now, if they has a timer for staged actions in the same stage group, that would be nice. I have to hit spacebar less often (e.g. decouple immediately, activate engine 3 seconds later.)

On the flip-side, the SmartParts mod (assuming it'll update to support 1.2) has a timer part you can use that can be made to work this way. (Though you'd need ActionGroupsExtended to really make it useful; ten groups might be too little depending on the craft design.)

Whether by action group or staging, sometimes "delayed activation" would really come in handy. I've done a few tricky sepratron setups that would have been a lot easier if the darn things would just fire one after the other.

1 hour ago, Aegolius13 said:

Agree this could also be useful on staging.  For example, I was recently considering using separatrons to make a heat shield flip.  Would have been nice to delay the burn by a second or two, to give the shield some time to fall away from my ship. 

I have dropped objects from planes and did stuff with them later.

In my case it was to open more chutes (Too many made it hit the carrier plane) and start the engines to slow the descent.

You can change ship  with the "[" and the "]".

Once at the other ship you can do things. You do need someone or a control box in there though.

It works till about 25km. Can't quite remember if it's exactly 25km but still.

If the main ship is too fast you have to slow it down or it will fly out of range. Once too far it disapear and the crew is "Missing".

ME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.