[1.4][1.7.7] GravityTurn continued - Automated Efficient Launches

AndyMt

For stock-alike play throughs this is a superb mod to have, and offers a different launch solution than that offered by mechjeb. It compliments the variable throttle function of stock really well, and I love that it integrates well with Nasa Countdown Clock. Sincere thanks chaps for updating it- one grateful kerbonaut :)

Edited by Sunscreen
additional detail

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, Atlas Gaming said:

So I just looked at the source code on github and the last update was 2 years ago, so looks like no longer being updated. Probably just a matter of time till adopted by Linuxgurugamer. Meanwhile I'll just update and recompile my own version. Generally don't like to do that as it splits from official code, but in case of abandoned mods, may be the only option. So DeliriumTrigger will be happy to know I no longer need this updated by the author... request withdrawn!

Cheers.

@Atlas Gaming Any chance you might be convinced to do a fork on github, and do a complete package build for 1.8.1 and/or 1.9.1 and throw that to CKAN, just as a stopgap "official" release for those of us without the skills?  
@AndyMt pretty much said someone could take it over, even if its just to maintain via build only.  Kind of like the care-taker role that @linuxgurugamer does for some of his mods - no real addition to functionality or code changes, just turn the crank when a new KSP version comes out, and nothing more than a bug fix now and then.

6 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

@Atlas Gaming Any chance you might be convinced to do a fork on github, and do a complete package build for 1.8.1 and/or 1.9.1 and throw that to CKAN, just as a stopgap "official" release for those of us without the skills?  
@AndyMt pretty much said someone could take it over, even if its just to maintain via build only.  Kind of like the care-taker role that @linuxgurugamer does for some of his mods - no real addition to functionality or code changes, just turn the crank when a new KSP version comes out, and nothing more than a bug fix now and then.

Since no one else has stepped up, I'll look into this.

There is a github user. ildifa, who has done a number of PRs against his version.  I'm looking at those to see if they worth including into my fork.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:54 PM, leatherneck6017 said:

In case you haven't done it yet, you'll also need to recompile Kramax Plugin Reload for one of the required reference dll's. 

Not absolutely necessary.  While nice, you could simply change line 31 in ReleaseReloadableMonoBehaviour.cs from

#if !DEBUG

to

#if true

Ok, I have a beta available here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/GravityTurn/releases

Changes:

• Merged in FAR compatibility changes by @ildifa
  • Adoption by Linuxgurugamer
  • Reorganized directories slightly
  • Added Changelog.txt, deploy.bat, GravityTurn.version, deploy.bat, buildRelease.bat, AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Replaced InstallChecker with updated version
  • Added support for Toolbarcontroller
  • Fixed nullref in CopyCompactSkin due to uninitialized skin
  • Changed backslashes to forward slashes for the stored config files (needed for OSX/Linux)
  • FOLLOWING CHANGE INCOMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS VERSIONS
    • Moved storage directory from GravityTurn/Plugins/PluginData/GravityTurn/" + sub to "/GameData/GravityTurn/PluginData/" + sub

@linuxgurugamer Dude, you are too much! I didn't intend to pull you into this - I figured the guy who said he had built it on his own could just fork and go.  I only named you as a template for him to copy and learn from and possibly ask questions to - he said he was an experienced addon developer IIRC (too lazy to check right now).

Wow. You are amazing.

5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

@linuxgurugamer Dude, you are too much! I didn't intend to pull you into this - I figured the guy who said he had built it on his own could just fork and go.  I only named you as a template for him to copy and learn from and possibly ask questions to - he said he was an experienced addon developer IIRC (too lazy to check right now).

Wow. You are amazing.

Not a problem.  I've had my eye on it for a long time, but didn't want to step on anyone's toes.  Was rather sad there wasn't an official update.

Using this in RSS; Sometimes I need to manually plug in some values of my own when using particularly heavy rockets to stop them from turning fully horizontal in the troposphere, but otherwise it's working quite nicely. Definitely saving my hands from aches in those 7+ minute launches.

5 hours ago, juvilado said:

Hi, trying to update this mod from CKAN gives an error:

"GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.0.3 requires ToolbarController but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP."

Regards

What version of KSP are you running?

@linuxgurugamer The metadata in CKAN still points to this thread and AndyMT's fork.

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.