Low Expectations Inc

Electr0ninja

1.2.2 Compatible(If you find a bug please report it here)

http://i.imgur.com/obAkqTc.png

Low Expectations Inc is a part pack with all the parts you never knew you wanted. This is my first mod/pack so any feedback is welcome.

Feel free to work on this mod either with me or on your lonesome, currently I am looking for someone who can do stock-a-like textures.

Part suggestions are welcome.

This Mod is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0 , License is included within the download.

Download: http://spacedock.info/mod/957/Low Expectations Inc

Screenshots:

F04HFxR.png

Parts Left to Right: 45 degree adapter(1.25meter) , Resource Jettison Module, Engineer Assist Inline Module, Modular Girder Adapter(0.625meter), Radial Engineer Assist Module, Ablative Nose Cone(may need work), Mk2 Radial Fuel Tank.

Source Code: https://github.com/McClainJ/Low_Expectations

Changelog:

Spoiler

0.1 Release.

0.2 Fixed adapter node angle.

0.3 Fixed graphics glitch from the unity model port.

0.32 Fixed UV map flip inversion for anyone who wants to make a texture, it should now be about 100x easier. (this also removed a small graphics issue.)

0.33 Added new Modular Girder to 0.625m adapter.

0.4 Added new Engineer Assist Module (0.625m) right click part to access information.

0.48 EXPERIMENTAL, ADDING TEXTURE SOON.

0.5 All Parts textures and fine tuned. game play "ready". Still working on mirror placement issues with the 45 adapter.(they work, but you will find yourself reattaching base pieces a lot.)(Radial works fine.)

0.52 Re-textured the Engineer Assist Module, cleaned up the engineer assist display, added auto-jettison for the jettison module, and got 95% of the mirror symmetry stuff working for the 45 adapter.

0.56 Added Radial Engineer Assist Module, Added gui for the Engineer Assist Module, Added cycle rate option for Auto-Jettison.

0.6 Added Auto-Burn Function for Engineer Assist. Added Ablative Nose Cone. Added Radial Mk2 Fuel Tank/Engine Mount

0.63 Checked for Compatibility with 1.2 and tweaked the nose cone a little, may still need work.

0.64 Checked for Compatibility with 1.2.2.

0.65 Updated License.

Edited by Electr0ninja
Update

This is cool. I like new parts. I have one suggestion/request and one bug. I suggest/request other versions of the same part to fit the other standard sizes. The bug is that the attachment node on the free end doesn't point at 45 degrees, but attaches as standard, as you see with the engine.

screenshot7%20(2).png

My expectations were higher :P

14 minutes ago, Rocket Surgeon said:

This is cool. I like new parts. I have one suggestion/request and one bug. I suggest/request other versions of the same part to fit the other standard sizes. The bug is that the attachment node on the free end doesn't point at 45 degrees, but attaches as standard, as you see with the engine.

Not a mod bug. Edit: Totally fixed, my bad I misunderstood the config.

Edited by Electr0ninja

9/26/16 Added a new Part, The "Engineer Assist Module" right click it to access the information display, contains all the information you should need for simple orbital maneuvers and landing.

(Shows inclination, and indicates when you reach an Ascending node and a Descending node using the Latitude indicator.(hint. if your latitude is 0, you are at a AN/DN .)

Edited by Electr0ninja

Hey, got an issue when putting multiple parts on mirrored/radial at once. Kinda puts a damper in vtols lol

If you can, you should also make it able to be placed radially without needing a cubic octagonal strut

(look! Pictures!)

Spoiler

SFkFoA2.jpg

Edited by stickman939

4 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Hey, got an issue when putting multiple parts on mirrored/radial at once. Kinda puts a damper in vtols lol

If you can, you should also make it able to be placed radially without needing a cubic octagonal strut

First note( making a 45 degree angled part work in ksp is hard. The editor doesn't like it, the colliders setup doesn't like it. And part mirror doesn't like it.)(any advice of methods to fix these would be greatly appreciated)

I wish that it could be fixed, but in order for the attachment nodes to work at a 45 degree angle, the center of mass is mathematically not going to be aligned with the part in mirror mode, radial symmetry will probably be okay.

The current method that will work is to align your cubic octagonal strut where you want it, then attach the parts radially.

In regards to surface attachment, it can be done. But since the collider is not 100% perfect  (due to it not being concave) it could produce some minor issues. I can give you a link to a modified config for surface attachment if you wish.(or you can just change the part config file to allow it)

I could however align the center of mass with the bottom node so that it attaches correctly when you use the bottom for the attachment, but it would be 2x as bad if you used the other side.

SOLUTION: after you offest everything where you want it, just reattache the 45 degree adapter and then everything after it in the part tree. Say if you have an engine,  just reattach the 45 to the cubic strut, then reattach the engine.

@Rocket Surgeon , Thank you .

Glad it is of help, took all night.

Edited by Electr0ninja

2 minutes ago, Rocket Surgeon said:

You mean srfAttach? I was gong to suggest this (as well as nodeAttach at the same time), but I figured one could always just use "BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point".

But it'd be nice. :)

On concave hulls: Does it have to be? Would a cube not work just as well for this particular part? (note: IANAM - I Am Not A Modder)

Fair enough, I can use a rectangle collider and it would work just fine(unity won't mind), but collisions would be very inaccurate. since the rectangle would either keep you from getting close to the side of the part, or i would let you clip into the part upon a collision. Note: And I did use the bz-52 in my mirror and radial symmetry tests, as the base attachment part.

Plan: I will try to find a point that will be good for part to surface attach. might be able to get it working.

Edited by Electr0ninja

21 minutes ago, stickman939 said:

Shame. Damn limitations. Oh well lol.

wish it could be fixed, but every fix just breaks more things lol.

You can always just not use symmetry once you get to those parts, and place them 1 at a time.

Also, if someone volunteers to make a stock-alike texture, I can make a part specifically for attaching radially, that lets you attach vertical engines.

Edited by Electr0ninja

57 minutes ago, Electr0ninja said:

wish it could be fixed, but every fix just breaks more things lol.

Lol too true

59 minutes ago, Electr0ninja said:

You can always just not use symmetry once you get to those parts, and place them 1 at a time.

Yeah, not too much of a hassle. I'm just 

1 hour ago, Electr0ninja said:

I can make a part specifically for attaching radially, that lets you attach vertical engines.

How would that look? Like a 900 elbow?

In any case, I'll definitely be following your mod as it develops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.