MK2 Cargo Ramp - Suggestion

Hi my name is Taco Kerman today i present a suggestion that came to my mind while playing the game

So i was playing like normal when i was making a space plane i came across a problem , i needed a Mk2 cargo ramp for my Mk2 plane, but that wasen't in the game so i had to use the big fat Mk 3 one , i know Mk 3 handles more space and is more efficient but having a Mk2 would be easier and lighter and more compatible for the spacecraft.

so anyways when i went to the launchpad my Space plane couldn't get off ground and failed , Later i searched the whole internet for Mods that might have Mk2 cargo ramps but i didn't find . so i knew nobody made a mod of that idea , nor developers seem to implement that in the game later on . so i went straight ahead to the forums and began writing this down hoping someone might find this interesting and make it so that's what this thread is all about

if you know any mod that i might've missed which has mk2 cargo ramp please send me the link

-Taco Kerman

Personally, I'd like to see a sort of opposite: MK2 Nosecone Cargo Bay. Easier to deploy small satellite/probes (leaving the main body for fuel and such) while keeping aerodynamics for spaceplanes/SSTOs. Easier to retrieve said satellites as well, I suppose.

But really, some sort of endcap cargobay would be nice so I can launch probes inline instead of having to deploy them via translation (probe or launch), literally flinging them out (because I didn't feel like integrating RCS for either design), or carefully flying the probe out without damaging something.

So think like reusable fairing?

On 9/24/2016 at 1:45 PM, Space_taco said:

LOL, why? Cargo ramps are made to be used for driving out rovers, and if your payload is not a rover, then you can either not attach anything behind the cargo bay (if you have gravity or your payload is docked to the Mk2 vehicle), or use the cargo bay door to get your payload out. Or if you are really hardcore and for an impossible reason NEED to push not-docked payloads out of the back of a vehicle, you can use wheels or landing legs or other deployable parts to cover the back of the cargo bay.

//EDIT: @Space_taco :sticktongue: but why use cargo ramps for anything at all? They should be removed, they are totally useless even for rovers.

Edited by TheDestroyer111

35 minutes ago, Martian Emigrant said:

Like this. But Mk2.

Image result for james spaceship

ME

that looks more like a fairing

Meh i use cargo ramps for everything

9 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

LOL, why? Cargo ramps are made to be used for driving out rovers, and if your payload is not a rover, then you can either not attach anything behind the cargo bay (if you have gravity or your payload is docked to the Mk2 vehicle), or use the cargo bay door to get your payload out. Or if you are really hardcore and for an impossible reason NEED to push not-docked payloads out of the back of a vehicle, you can use wheels or landing legs or other deployable parts to cover the back of the cargo bay.

i use cargo ramps for everything

Edited by Space_taco

2 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

//EDIT: @Space_taco :sticktongue: but why use cargo ramps for anything at all? They should be removed, they are totally useless even for rovers.

They're useless for you 

they're useful for me

Violets are blue

Roses are red

and cargo ramps are useful

Dot .

2 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

If (and hopefully when) they make surface bases both viable and desirable to construct, I imagine cargo-lifter spaceplanes and whatnot having value, like carting a fuel truck to a remote location. And I've seen plenty of KSP players use cargo ramps in non-typical ways, like an aero-shell for engines. Not really needed, but damn cool, nonetheless.

But in the end, I'd rather have the option available and consciously not use it rather than never have the option at all.

7 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

If (and hopefully when) they make surface bases both viable and desirable to construct, I imagine cargo-lifter spaceplanes and whatnot having value, like carting a fuel truck to a remote location. And I've seen plenty of KSP players use cargo ramps in non-typical ways, like an aero-shell for engines. Not really needed, but damn cool, nonetheless.

But in the end, I'd rather have the option available and consciously not use it rather than never have the option at all.

Wow :0.0: 

True words 

:confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.