Transmit with little juice.

I'm in science mode. I don't use mods. I have 3 stations orbiting Mun, Minmus and Duna. They all have the Mobile Processing Lab. They have 950 electricity and radially attached solar panels. They cannot transmit the science they have before they run out of power, even when I turn everything else off. The result is a complete abort. They all have the Communotron DTS-M1, I tried engaging partial allowed, but nothing works. How can I get the data transmitted to the KSC?

Edited by dutchy45
clarification

It used to be the case that, if a probe or whatever ran out of power, but had generation, that communication would stall, awaiting sufficient charge again... but this seems to no longer be the case.

Transmitting the data to KSC in the meantime can be done by flying someone to the station and then taking that data during EVA and storing it in the capsule that will be returned to Kerbin.

It's gamey, but you can often just engage timewarp to complete your transmission.   It works because transmission speeds are unaffected by timewarp while power generation is, thus allowing you to artificially increase your power generation relative to your usage.   I've never been certain if this was a bug or intentional, but I've used it recently and it does work.   Tastes abit gamey though :rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.