How to make a 6 satellite geostationary network.

There are some more advanced recipes posted here and there. I am a bit primitive, I would just make the orbit a little 'too' low initially, that way they will be advancing ever more east. Then as each one get in position I would raise their orbit to Keostationary.

Edit: Btw. if you don't have a reason the satellites should be keostationary in the first place, almost any network with equatorial orbits of the same radius for all six satellites work just fine (communication network wise).

Edited by Rodhern
added comment

You put your carrier craft in a resonant orbit - I'd imagine 1/6 would be fine for geosync, although if you'd rather use more fuel on the carrier than the sats you can use a bigger resonant orbit & reorient the carrier after every couple of launches. At each Ap you throw a sat out & circularize it ( edit - actually it doesn't really matter when you throw them out, you could just chuck them all out at once and then they're *all* in a resonant orbit ).

In RT the best coverage is provided by two pairs of low-level sats in polar orbits ( and I usually throw one relay in geosync over KSC ), I'm presuming it's not that way in stock?

( geosync for kerbin is probably kerbosync or maybe kerbinsync, keosync is meaningless :P )

Edited by Van Disaster

6 minutes ago, ycen said:

Here is a tool is used allot.

http://kerbility.com/calc/

So for 6 sats youre orbit should look like a oval.
Ap  3.613.030
Per 2.863.334

Drop them at PER. !!

Each sat need about 50dv to slow down.

The Geo Orbit is not 6 hrs. But 5hr 59min 9.4sec (just so you know)

Cheers!!

Well thank you but.... I already did it. I went on the IRC chat and they told me to use this http://www.adammil.net/tmp/sats.htm., and it worked fine. I don't how to answer./close this topic.

1 minute ago, Van Disaster said:

You put your carrier craft in a resonant orbit - I'd imagine 1/6 would be fine for geosync. At each Ap you throw a sat out & circularize it.

In RT the best coverage is provided by two pairs of low-level sats in polar orbits ( and I usually throw one relay in geosync over KSC ), I'm presuming it's not that way in stock?

( geosync for kerbin is probably kerbosync or maybe kerbinsync, keosync is meaningless :P )

I tried 1/6 of geo and it didn't work. The orbits were way outa wack.

1 minute ago, Higgs said:

@Dfthu if you ask for a moderator to close the thread usually by naming one like vanamonde or whomever with an @ and his/her name they usually will oblige you with a closure. :) 

Well, I chose a best answer and it shows a checkmark on the page so it should be fine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.