Wiped progress, unresponsive controls and more!

First of all, I'm a big fan of this game, but if someone don't pull their finger out and fix some major bugs to some very basic functions, I'm gonna be asking for a refund!

1) control from here.

I was attempting to launch 2 docked craft from Kerbin orbit to the mun, I selected control from here on the main craft and transferred all crew over, yet when I began my manoeuvre, both crafts fire up their engines in opposite directions and I was then unable to shut them down forcing me to back out and reload at which point:

2) 4 hours of progress is wiped.

This has happened on multiple occasions, I play the game, quick saving at every opportunity, and then the game suffers a crash and when reloaded all my progress is gone and it's reverted to a previous point

This happens with both in-flight quick save and named saves from the space centre.

I've also noticed these types of bugs happen more often as I progress through the game, early on they happened very rarely.

Additionally, I've just spent 15mins searching the bug tracker to find where I report these with no success so I am report it here, I'm sure someone can move it to the appropriate place

Edited by Broke dead dogg

On 26/09/2016 at 8:24 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Squad aware of these issues and are working on an update with the people who ported the game, Flying Tiger. There will likely been an update for your console when the 1.2 release drops.

Hope this helps.

Great, any idea when this might be? Since it's just done it again, I'm back to the same spot, all other saves gone, until this is fixed I essentially can't play the game

Hi folks, new to the forums. I really hate my first post to be a complaint, as I really love this game, however I have been having the exact same issues, and just want to warn that the new 1.01180 patch has now bugged my save completely.

As I mentioned above I really do enjoy this game but to be honest, my patience I wearing thin. I have just got to the point of manned Mun missions and after landing and returning the same mission three times and having ny save reverted I was pretty peeved, but then to download a patch which is supposed to fix the saves and It deletes my save then that just takes the cake people. I think we should just call it a day until we see proof that this game is working .

I mean is there even any point In starting a new game ?

Oh who am I trying to kid, I love this game too much to not play at all, :(but something needs done.

Edited by mikey117

2 hours ago, mikey117 said:

Hi folks, new to the forums. I really hate my first post to be a complaint, as I really love this game, however I have been having the exact same issues, and just want to warn that the new 1.01180 patch has now bugged my save completely.

As I mentioned above I really do enjoy this game but to be honest, my patience I wearing thin. I have just got to the point of manned Mun missions and after landing and returning the same mission three times and having ny save reverted I was pretty peeved, but then to download a patch which is supposed to fix the saves and It deletes my save then that just takes the cake people. I think we should just call it a day until we see proof that this game is working .

I mean is there even any point In starting a new game ?

Oh who am I trying to kid, I love this game too much to not play at all, :(but something needs done.

Are you saying that there is a problem with the patch that was released today? Did you start a new game or continue an older save? I just deleted all my saved data (for the third time now) and started a new career. Your older save is probably corrupt which is why it was deleted. It is a bummer to start all over again, but at least we can go into it this time with a little more confidence it will be better. 

Now if they could just get the PS4 version working. Then they could start work on fixing the other issues with the console version, like maneuver nodes, SAS, staging getting reset, etc. And finally, maybe then we can actually get some news about 1.2 on console. I really hope FT gets this sorted out soon. 

Edited by chimpbone

11 hours ago, chimpbone said:

Are you saying that there is a problem with the patch that was released today? Did you start a new game or continue an older save? I just deleted all my saved data (for the third time now) and started a new career. Your older save is probably corrupt which is why it was deleted. It is a bummer to start all over again, but at least we can go into it this time with a little more confidence it will be better. 

Now if they could just get the PS4 version working. Then they could start work on fixing the other issues with the console version, like maneuver nodes, SAS, staging getting reset, etc. And finally, maybe then we can actually get some news about 1.2 on console. I really hope FT gets this sorted out soon. 

yeah, it was the patch I downloaded Las night that corrupted my save.

I probably will just start a new game but I hope I dont run into the same issues by the time I get to munar missions again, so if anyone has managed to continue their save file can you let me know if your saves are progressing ok now?

Just so I and others can have some peace of mind before starting a new career, I'm totally addicted to this game and I need my space fix soon,lol

On 9/25/2016 at 10:25 AM, Broke dead dogg said:

1) control from here.

I was attempting to launch 2 docked craft from Kerbin orbit to the mun, I selected control from here on the main craft and transferred all crew over, yet when I began my manoeuvre, both crafts fire up their engines in opposite directions and I was then unable to shut them down forcing me to back out and reload at which point:

This is the expected behavior. When two craft dock they merge into a single craft, any active engines on either craft will fire when the throttle is used. "Control from here" is about navball orientation only. You would have to manually deactivate any engines that you do not wish to burn when docked.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.