Carrier Landing Challenge

Wjolcz

18 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Click on the icon in the lower right corner that looks like a gear with a wrench inside it. One of the things it displays is your craft's dimensions.

Also: I could make my carrier larger with roughly linear scaling of part count, I just didn't really bother bcc I can land inside 100m, and in the situations I typically use it (dmp server) having more than one plane on deck is asking for bugs (like teleporting to the bottom of the sea and exploding)

Yeah, I always forget that thing is there ( you can tell how much career mode I do ), so that's 132m long, and every extra 16m would be 8 parts + whatever lighting I want to bother with ( call it 12, plus maybe 2 struts ). Way more than you need to land, however I wanted something I could take off from - and it's still not really long enough for that without having really modern TWR levels. One thing that's always shown up in FAR & will probably show in stock with the tweaked aero is you really don't need as much TWR as you think most of the time; you end up with lighter more economical aircraft, but you also end up with terrible acceleration & a really long takeoff run.

Edited by Van Disaster

On 05/10/2016 at 7:46 AM, KayBee said:

Also if you want it manned i can easily add the external command seat.

I'd prefer if it was either a probe body or a closed cockpit.

OP updated. New rule added (hope you don't mind). If anyone wants to do it with an external seat I can add a new leaderboard.

Edited by Veeltch

Hey I have a question about mods... Are any allowed? (Besides Informatory ones, MechJeb, KER, etc..) But I'm not talking about B9 Aerospace, I'm talking more so about FAR, and/or Tweakscale. Would someone who uses those mods be granted into the same leaderboard as those who didn't use them? Will there be a separate leaderboard for that? Will the usage of these mods be allowed?

Edited by SpacePod9

6 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

It's about landing, no mention of mods in the rules. My entry hardly has anything stock other than the important bits ( engine, cockpit, wheels ) and using FAR certainly didn't make easier!

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

10 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

I don't think there are any really functional mod wheels atm, but that's probably the one part I'd regulate other than the engine just in case there's some with infinite brakes or similar.

I can imagine having such wheels during landing could turn your plane into a circus monkey doing flips.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.