[1.3] Planetary Domes

Thrimm

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, rayman895 said:

Hi in newest version of mod there are no domes. Can you please fix it because this mod is really good.

It is useless to write, the author refused to KSP.Already only if you play with it on older versions or ask someone to restore the mod

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 3:22 AM, wat4_dor said:

It is useless to write, the author refused to KSP.Already only if you play with it on older versions or ask someone to restore the mod

has anyone tried just pulling out VS and recompling it against 1.7.x ?  the error I'm seeing in the logs seems to be texture-format related, though, so that may not work...

25 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

has anyone tried just pulling out VS and recompling it against 1.7.x ?  the error I'm seeing in the logs seems to be texture-format related, though, so that may not work...

this doesn't rely on a plugin so, there's nothing to recompile

On 5/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, Drew Kerman said:

this doesn't rely on a plugin so, there's nothing to recompile

hm, maybe gimp/photoshop to convert the textures to a compatible format is the answer, then...  nobody maintains this anymore? at all?

The problem with this mod is due to either the Unity change at KSP 1.4 or the introduction of the reflective part shaders at KSP 1.5 or 1.6. I assume the particular shader was broken or removed-- the shader that's used by all the parts with transparent bits. Fixing it will require someone who's willing and able to put all of these parts back through Unity and change their shader settings.

Textures are not the problem.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:29 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

The problem with this mod is due to either the Unity change at KSP 1.4 or the introduction of the reflective part shaders at KSP 1.5 or 1.6. I assume the particular shader was broken or removed-- the shader that's used by all the parts with transparent bits. Fixing it will require someone who's willing and able to put all of these parts back through Unity and change their shader settings.

Textures are not the problem.

So I [just] noticed.  What tools would be needed to do as you describe?  I can perhaps do it, but I'm not sure how to manipulate the .mu model files :(

Edited by ss8913

@ss8913 What I believe you will need are:

• Blender
  • the .mu import/export plugin for it (made by @taniwha ).
    Clone and unzip the repo into
    Blender\<version>\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\ Then you'll have to find the UI option to enable it. Somewhere. :D It may be more forgiving in the Blender 2.8 facelift.
  • the Unity IDE v2017.1.3 and PartTools
    Unity is where you can easily set the shader within a material (the object that holds a combination of textures and the settings for how it behaves under light exposure).

Fortunately (for me) I largely don't need to learn the ins and outs of Blender. I only use it for importing .mu. But part modders who know what they're doing (and who are using taniwha's plugin) can skip Unity and PartTools entirely.

15 hours ago, ss8913 said:

So I [just] noticed.  What tools would be needed to do as you describe?  I can perhaps do it, but I'm not sure how to manipulate the .mu model files :(

You should be able to alter the shader with a cfg patch and my advanced textures mod.

With that mod you can replace the shader on existing models without any need to edit them.

I don't have time in the moment to look into that, but it should be easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Zerolera said:

a shame its dead T.T It seemed like a very good mod

As a modder, @Thrimm wasn't happy with EULA changes.  So at that point he gave up work on this mod.  Which was a shame, not least because there was to be a reworking of the domes and the airlocks that would mean that you could drive or from the outside to the inside.

The models are very good.  I, for one, was quite disappointed, but respected his decision.

Peace.

1 hour ago, Zerolera said:

@theJesuit Why not give the mod to another person to take care of keeping it working?

Because they were his.  The issue was with the potential of Squad, actually Take Two, uplifting the design models et al and the IP that Thrimm had spent his time on the packaging it for sale without having to pay any royalties.

This is a bit off topic though.  The parts as they are do work I think in 1.7.x.  They are what they are.

Peace. 

I am quite surprised by the amount of people missing this mod and the traffic this thread experiences recently. I'll do my best to update this mod to work with the latest KSP version AND include recent, work-in-progress changes I wanted to include a long time ago. Stay tuned friends.

16 minutes ago, Thrimm said:

I am quite surprised by the amount of people missing this mod and the traffic this thread experiences recently. I'll do my best to update this mod to work with the latest KSP version AND include recent, work-in-progress changes I wanted to include a long time ago. Stay tuned friends.

It is nice to see you around!  I am staying VERY tuned.

Peace.

2 hours ago, Thrimm said:

He lives!!! I shall be watching this thread, eager for new developments. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

after quite some time I present you with a beta version of PD working with the current version of (KSP 1.7.x).

So far there is only one dome (new type and functionality) new airlock (new animations and functionality) and an updated tunnel.

In this pre-release dome(s) are equipped with lights and active nodes (bits appear or disappear as a function of stuff attached to nodes - designed to work with airlocks). Airlocks now have animated doors and your Kerbals can walk through them, so it no longer works as a part with crew capacity.

Enjoy:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-_d0U9nWso8hfgt-cH10znM-fMXFzMsg

Cheers,

Thrimm

Edit: A snippet of how it should work now :)

Edited by Thrimm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.