Jump to content

[1.3] Planetary Domes


Thrimm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yay, so glad this is back :D

I agree that automatic doors could be a bit dangerous on an airlock... But would make sense between internal sections.

Also, I'm all for some switchable textures. Transparent, opaque, maybe even covered in regolith? Not sure if it would be possible to have the same color as the ground, that would be awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Apart from the two standard domes I would really like to see a greenhouse dome with visible plants - maybe even trees - inside providing Habitation (USI Life Support) and Agroponics of the highest level. Because putting the three life-support pieces from USI into a dome doesnt look super good. You could add visual sprinkler systems and pinwheels and ofc a grass texture as terrain. 

If you need some specific models I could hook you up myself building them for you in Maya. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I know this mod is outdated but worth a shot: I don't see all the parts in the VAB.
I see the large dome (12.5m), large floor panel, floor panel, airlock and tunnel.

So I seem to be the missing at least the small dome.

Any known fix to this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

I know this mod is outdated but worth a shot: I don't see all the parts in the VAB.
I see the large dome (12.5m), large floor panel, floor panel, airlock and tunnel.

So I seem to be the missing at least the small dome.

Any known fix to this?

The original version from the first post isn't working anymore. Do you have the Beta version? It's somewhere in this thread.

@Thrimm it would be helpful to have a link to the beta version in the first post!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to say @Thrimm this is a gorgeous mod. I love the prospect of using it, but I’m pretty committed to my 1.12 career save. Any plans to bring this mood up to pace with the core game? I would certainly offer my assistance in any way. I have some limited coding skills, but I’m pretty comfortable navigating craft files. If you want to chat privately about known issues or what you think it would take to update this mod I’d be happy to discuss over PM.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@bmcmahonwrx Hi there. If you mouse-over most people's profile pic you'll get to see when last they logged in. Sadly, Thrimm has gone offline for quite some time now. If you can indeed write part configs and fix issues and add compatibility, you're welcome to try adopting this mod.

Note that "coding" and "configurating" are -not- the same thing. Coding means writing plugins and shaders that add new things that the game itself can do and provide. Configs only tell the game how to identify a part, give it functions, and calibrate/restrict these functions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2022 at 7:02 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@bmcmahonwrx Hi there. If you mouse-over most people's profile pic you'll get to see when last they logged in. Sadly, Thrimm has gone offline for quite some time now. If you can indeed write part configs and fix issues and add compatibility, you're welcome to try adopting this mod.

Note that "coding" and "configurating" are -not- the same thing. Coding means writing plugins and shaders that add new things that the game itself can do and provide. Configs only tell the game how to identify a part, give it functions, and calibrate/restrict these functions.

Thanks @JadeOfMaar for the heads up.  Unfortunately, I don’t think I have enough coding experience to lead on a such an endeavor.  I have some basic coding skills, but by the time I’d feel proficient enough to adopt this, KSP 2 will likely drive my efforts to obsolescence. Again, I appreciate the response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bmcmahonwrx said:

KSP 2 will likely drive my efforts to obsolescence

Don't be quick to assume that KSP2 will make your work a waste of time.  As a beginner your mod is going to be small so it won't be as much of a "loss" when that time comes, and whatever you do while you wait for KSP2 (and who knows how long this wait will still be) will count towards actual modding experience which will help with the learning curve of modding KSP2. I cannot say how helpful because the part model format -will- be different, and "backwards compatibility" is a pipe dream and fundamentally a very bad idea.

1 hour ago, bmcmahonwrx said:

Again, I appreciate the response. 

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Don't be quick to assume that KSP2 will make your work a waste of time.  As a beginner your mod is going to be small so it won't be as much of a "loss" when that time comes, and whatever you do while you wait for KSP2 (and who knows how long this wait will still be) will count towards actual modding experience which will help with the learning curve of modding KSP2. I cannot say how helpful because the part model format -will- be different, and "backwards compatibility" is a pipe dream and fundamentally a very bad idea.

:D

Be quick thou, @zer0Kerbalwill notice this mod very soon as adopt it (they are good at that) :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, bmcmahonwrx said:

I want to say @Thrimm this is a gorgeous mod. I love the prospect of using it, but I’m pretty committed to my 1.12 career save. Any plans to bring this mood up to pace with the core game? I would certainly offer my assistance in any way. I have some limited coding skills, but I’m pretty comfortable navigating craft files. If you want to chat privately about known issues or what you think it would take to update this mod I’d be happy to discuss over PM.  

ive used this with 12.2 and it works. Let me add though i only used a few parts, not every single part, but as far as what i used from this mod it was working

On 8/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Well too late a long time ago. I've been in contact off-and-on with @Thrimmvia email.

If I find the time or motivation I will continue that contact.

that would be glorious. I feel this mod can have huge potential. always thought the part graphics were one of the best ive seen. Idk how it didnt get the mass recognition i thought it deserved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...