[1.2pre]KSP will not start, Linux, AMD

Game simply crashes on start. Log here, no -force-glcore doesn't do anything. It never has and never will, because it doesn't actually do anything if there's no dirextX mode. -force-glcore32 doesn't help either, which is new. This is prerelease 1532.

Edited by Requia

This is a known issue, seems like it doesn't like windowed mode on Linux. I opened my settings file in a text editor and changed Fullscreen to True, which works well for me. For every new version I copy the settings file into the new folder before starting the first time. But yeah, check the tracker for this, it's definitely on there.

38 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Doesn't KSP use it's own bundled Mono?

Yes it does, Unity forked mono ages ago and a copy of the same is included in the archive, i.e. KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so. Unitys mono isn't compatible with upstream / distro packages any more either.

On the crashing, the OP is pretty thin on system details etc... what GPU driver are you using?
Perhaps this bug is still alive:

On 19/04/2013 at 9:29 AM, sal_vager said:

"KSP doesn't start!" (New for 1.1)

Current proprietary AMD drivers are breaking with the Unity multi-threaded rendering, force single threaded rendering with the following in a terminal:

KSP.x86_64 -force-gfx-direct

Edited by steve_v

20 hours ago, steve_v said:

Yes it does, Unity forked mono ages ago and a copy of the same is included in the archive, i.e. KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so. Unitys mono isn't compatible with upstream / distro packages any more either.

On the crashing, the OP is pretty thin on system details etc... what GPU driver are you using?

[/quote]

Uh, the radeon driver has never worked with KSP, so fglrx is kindof inferred.

Also this forum software is an absolute mess.

20 hours ago, steve_v said:

Perhaps this bug is still alive:

{/quote] That seems to do it. Or at least I'm back to the weird broken resolutions everybody else is having.

Edited by Requia

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.