Devnote Tuesday: The wait is almost over!

SQUAD

4 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I'm ashamed to acknowledge the fact that the pop-song titled 'the final countdown' was actually created by a group of swedes.

The text includes such highlights as going to venus and having so many light-years to go.

Despite the shame I have to say that we are entering the final countdown to 1.2

Cannot see mention of that song and not link the worst cover ever

On 2016-10-01 at 5:21 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." I'll have to take your word for it.

So your legal system works, you're are protected from Sponge Bob ...

Edited by Curveball Anders
doh

Alright I'm ready this time! Ive got my fridge set up to simulate cryo sleep, or hypothermia. Hopefully I can sleep the Monday away and jump to Tuesday this way.  :P Will let you know if I'm playing 1.2 from my office or heaven. 

Edited by ISE

On 1.10.2016 at 10:30 PM, falcon2000 said:

In retaliation - The Floppotron shall redeem you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-X-p0C0Uas

1 hour ago, anachronicus said:

This is now my favorite. 

I have to agree...

In regards to going into deep sleep until 1.2 comes out... I would actually love to, but I need to travel for work to Budapest on...  you guessed it... Tuesday. That means I will have to wait even longer than the rest to enjoy the release. :(

I gotta say, that although I've been abusing the pre-release to test and update mods, instead of testing stock, it's looking pretty slick now.  Checking out the changelog is awe inspiring for how much work has gone into this, just since the pre-release.

So, that's not counting all the changes between 1.1.3 and the first pre-release 1.2.

And of course, it's a public holiday here on Monday, so a Tuesday release would perfectly slot in to not being able to get to it until later, while sitting around on Monday.  Assuming it releases this week.  Not asking, just wild guesswork and following the pervading assumptions in this thread.  :-)

And I note Taniwha's visit to our (Australia's) Koala Space Program.  This began of course during the Great Emu War of 1932 with Katapults, but didn't really establish itself until the import of some surplus V-2s. 

And now I want to mod some Koalanauts.  I wouldn't make Emunauts.  Emus are evil. 

25 minutes ago, StarStryder said:

Am I the only one concerned that there is still new feature development being done at this late stage in the release process.  It really should be bug fixes only at this point.

I wouldn't say I'm concerned per se, but it does make me seriously doubt a release today. Seems more likely to be next week. But what do I know, I never saw .90 OR 1.0 coming. :D

24 minutes ago, StarStryder said:

Am I the only one concerned that there is still new feature development being done at this late stage in the release process.  It really should be bug fixes only at this point.

Well, if you’re bringing up “should be,” the version number shouldn’t be 1.2 either, so there’s that...

Call me silly, I don’t mind new functionality being added to an existing product. Microsoft does it, Adobe does it, why should Squad not do it?

On 9/27/2016 at 4:10 PM, SQUAD said:

and vessels don’t jump when you fly near them.

@NathanKell, does this mean my 106,000 ton Nimitz and (soon to be released for those who want to reenact the Kapollo mission to the Mun) Hornet won't magically bounce out of the water and attempt to achieve orbit?

Edited by Eskandare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.