Devnote Tuesday: The wait is almost over!

SQUAD

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

[...]

And mashing the keyboard won't make it happen any faster.

I see no reason to believe that claim. In fact, for each release in the past, it did not come out until I had been mashing the reload button more and more frantically. Apparently there is some threshold of frenzy that's necessary to trigger the mechanism.

You can't argue with empirical science, man.

6 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

It seems like the amount of showstoppers are winding down, I have a feeling 1.2 will drop soon :sealed: Nobody find any more bugs OK? :P

If 'show stopping' bugs are there then they need finding in time to actually stop the show :D.

Otherwise we get another 'why did they release with THAT  really obvious bug' debate.

1 minute ago, Perry Apsis said:

I see no reason to believe that claim. In fact, for each release in the past, it did not come out until I had been mashing the reload button more and more frantically. Apparently there is some threshold of frenzy that's necessary to trigger the mechanism.

You can't argue with empirical science, man.

Aahhh,  the beauty of actual experimentation over theoretical reasoning.  I stand corrected good sir.:cool:

4 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Why did a lot of the devs leave? Nathan just announced his resignation on Reddit, along with a bunch of other devs.

Holy crayola Batman!

Quite the list! 

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/55vozd/theres_no_easy_way_to_say_this/ for those who want to gasp in surprise/potential horror.  I wish them all the best, but one wonders what (if anything in fact) might have precipitated this turn of events

4 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Why did a lot of the devs leave? Nathan just announced his resignation on Reddit, along with a bunch of other devs.

Mike (Mu), Bill (Taniwha), Nathanael (NathanKell), Sébastien (Sarbian), Jim (Romfarer), Brian (Arsonide), Chris (Porkjet), Nathan (Claw)

Yikes. That at least *suggests* that Squad will be moving more into a maintenance state, rather than the aggressive development of new features we've been seeing.

2 minutes ago, inkwell said:

Well, I don't see roverdude's name on there...

Roverdude's output is amazing, no doubt, but I don't think he'll be picking up *all* the slack.

Perhaps we will get something in announcements from the remaining team describing the situation going forward.

Announcement posted one minute ago regarding release date.

" If you’ve been following us closely, you must be aware that we’re growing and we’ve been looking for talent and great collaborators that help us build the next milestone of this franchise. New talents have enrolled in the past few months and they are just as excited as we are. Bringing new talents is allowing us to bring fresh ideas to the plate and we can’t be more excited for what’s coming."

It's a franchise, you see.

Edited by Perry Apsis

"This includes more free updates, full expansion packs

Yea.... 

This all sounds like a very promising development.

At least during previous staff changes they occurred after the latest version was out and patched.

Wow, all the departures are shocking, but perhaps not entirely surprising.  Version 1.2 looks to be the culmination of long process, that of making KSP what it should have been all along, and I can see many of the devs thinking "Well, our job is done, time to hand KSP off to the next generation.".  Many of them must want some personal time now, or to find new challenges in greener pastures.

To all of the devs who are leaving:  Thank you very much, 1.2 looks to be a winner, like a walk-off grand slam (baseball phrase). :)

Wow! Surprised to see so many leave at once, but I'm starting to see why. Huge thanks to all the devs that are leaving. :) I guess it also explains why the rocket part revamp art assets were released to the public. I still remember PorkJet giving me pointers on how to create parts for the game, and his artwork has been inspiring, and it's been great getting to talk to NathanKell a bit about the 1.2 update.

Best of luck to all the devs that are leaving.

5 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

I haven't seen 1.2pre updates to mods (for good reason, given the moving target), unlike 1.1pre.

Then you haven't been looking in the right places... there have been quite a few 1.2pre mods updated.. even a few completely new ones. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.