Anybody here playing Mass Effect: Andromeda? I've enjoyed the other three in the series (ME3 a little less than ME and ME2) but it seems like they have some kinks to work out with the new version. My current thought is to wait for a patch or two before diving in.

6 hours ago, sal_vager said:

I played it on my cpc464, and Castle Master is next on my list as well as Captain Blood, Mercenary, Prince of Persia and Guild of Thieves.

I don't know if any of the old versions are legal, they are abandonware which is a grey area, but here's a freeware remake of Driller for the PC.

Edit:

Added bonus!

GPLv3 Spindizzy remake

More freeware remakes by Ovine including Total Eclipse

Awesome - thanks! Haven't had much luck getting it to work sadly but I'll fiddle around with it a bit more and see what I can do.

Currently playing Elite: Dangerous and making a decent in-game living as an ice miner, itinerant explorer, and part time interstellar express freight hauler.

15 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat last Sunday. I'm at 22 hours in so far it's so amazing.

How I felt after reading this (you won't understand it if you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R., dear viewer):

1418563643_824638969.jpg

The Shadow of Chernobyl title is also good, definitively recommend it.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Aperture Science said:

How I felt after reading this (you won't understand it if you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R., dear viewer):

The Shadow of Chernobyl title is also good, definitively recommend it.

I don't have much money right now, (mainly because of this), but I'll likely get it in the future.

Recently acquired AI War: Fleet Command from @pxi. It's a very deep RTS, and the tutorials alone are more content than some AAA titles. Also bought Children of a Dead Earth. I've been relearning orbital mechanics and playing with sliders for a while now. Soon maybe I'll be able to build a worthwhile ship!

Let's see, I've been playing Factorio, and Rimworld.

I also got Obduction recently, and when I was done with that bought Myst, Riven and Quern. I've promised to myself not look up any hints for Riven.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:19 PM, Spacetraindriver said:

On weekdays, when I don't have enough time to sail the seas, ride the lands, or fly through the air, or blast rockets into the air in KSP, I'm designing virtual model railroads now! Again... But for reals this time:

28a42b72f7d5ebca97dbde282879fbf8.png

(Once again I am giving out a cookie to whoever knows what this is reference, or in this situation, based on gets a cookie.)

I recognize Trainz... 2010?

6 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Recently acquired AI War: Fleet Command from @pxi. It's a very deep RTS, and the tutorials alone are more content than some AAA titles.

Glad you're enjoying it, I have it installed but haven't gotten round to playing it yet.

I've been continuing my NG+ play-through of Dark Souls.  I discovered recently that the game insists on defaulting to my flightstick no matter how I set priorities for my input devices in Window's control panel.  Trying to play the game with a flightstick would be amusing in the sense of playing street fighter with a Dance Dance Revolution pad, but would also require a level of gud I'll probably never git.

Try not to laff, I've recently had the itch to revisit and revamp several old tiltes...

• The Magic Candle
  • Master of Orion II (with user created patches for AI and other improvements)
  • Sid's Alpha Centauri (I totally re-created the tech tree...it's like a new game)

Also some 'newer' stuff...

• Terraria (my sons fav game at the moment)
  • Diablo III Ultimate Evil Ed
  • Borderlands 1 & 2 (best RNG engine ever...it's like going to Vegas but you don't loose any real money). 

:)

Just bought a Wii U, and have been absolutely loving wind waker HD, which I bought because I can't afford Breath of the wild right now. Apart from that, nothing really except KSP, I just really enjoy building craft, especially warships, and I haven't found that type of challenge in any other game. (though recently I have been consider replaying the portal games)

I picked up Motorsport Manager on Steam last week while it was on sale and have been playing that lately.  I've also been playing Undertale with my son.  He's six, so the text is beyond his reading level and he isn't really able to work the controls, but all he does all day is watch Undertale videos on YouTube, so he's an expert on it.  He knows all the secrets, all the puzzles, and how to get by the bosses special attacks.  I control the player and read everything to him, and he tells me what to do.

Tried Mount & Blade Warband but in all honesty, I am looking for a reason, any reason, to keep playing it. Seems to me the game is not entirely thought out. Lots of ideas, nothing to bind them all together and the big boo, no internal checks to ensure the game doesn't do anything to break itself. Quests impossible to complete, rampant depopulation with no way of repopulating the world, game features designed to take up unreasonable portions of game play before the game itself starts stripping the player char of stats and skills just because, completely nerfed trade compared to the original game, but the most annoying of all: M&BWB has been designed from ground up to cater for veteran MB players who wanted even more challenges so now absolutely everything is designed to keep the player constantly on his or her toes. Looters replaced by 50 deserting nord veterans, took me about 2 minutes to find. Found the first companion on the 5th week in game time. 3 months passed before I met the first slave trader apart from the cheapskate in Tihr. Finally found a band of looters about half a year in and they were ninjas, exellent sword masters and then this one guy threw 2 rocks with stunning accuracy. 2 rocks and all my 60 hitpoints under all that armour went as I went down. Looters, the bottom of the barrel and WB turned them into Conan ninja commandos. One bandit I came across had more hitponts than any of my top tier soldiers, somewhere around 65 give or take. A bleedin bandit for Pete's sake. Gone is the diversity of the original game's NPC pool.

Not impressed by it I must say and I have run out of reasons to play it.

A little bit of Civ VI. I have grievances with the game, like how there's no construction que. But there is a lot I like, such as the district system's implications and the now local happiness (which means that you can expand as much as you want with almost no penalty).