Heya, 

I've been away for a while due to a RL career switch and recently picking up gaming again - I was playing HBS Shadowrun (all 3 of them) and became a backer for their new BattleTech game. I will be looking forward to beta test "PC's only MechCommander game in many years" in the coming months.

Just installed DooM (2016) in wine... buttery smooth 60FPS on ultra, now that it's denuvo-free as it was meant to be.
Excessive gore, badass demons, frantic action, awesome soundtrack, and classic doom levels to boot. Highly recommended if you like that kind of thing (and have 76GB disk to throw at it :rolleyes:).

Just finished Mass Effect: Inquisition, AKA ME:Andromeda.

Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Decently long if you bother with side quests. Seems like Bioware is settling into a formula now, like Ubisoft with Assassins Creed.

The most irritating part to me was unskippable cutscenes every time you traveled somewhere.

Finished Half-Life today,  and it almost feels like I remember the ending, which is really weird considering I'm sure I stopped at Nihilanth...the whole "border world" thing rings a bell. Same thing happened when I replayed Super Mario Sunshine.  I could've sworn I'd never gotten into Corona Mountain,  but somehow I felt like I'd seen the ending. Weird.

Edited by cubinator

23 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Finished Half-Life today,  and it almost feels like I remember the ending...the whole "border world" thing rings a bell. Same thing happened when I replayed Super Mario Sunshine.  I could've sworn I'd never gotten into Corona Mountain,  but somehow I felt like I'd seen the ending. Weird.

I've been replaying HL1 as well after I saw your previous post.

I'd recommend playing HL2 and its episodes as well if you liked the game/story.

Valve did a fine job on the game's lore. Really hoping for a HL3, or at least something that continues the story where HL2 EP2 left off. But the Half-Life writer left Valve, so...

8 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

I've been replaying HL1 as well after I saw your previous post.

Cool! The Black Mesa remake of Xen should be out this summer, so we might have to play that.

I'd recommend playing HL2 and its episodes as well if you liked the game/story.

I'll probably do that soon. Is it like SpaceX naming scheme? The story order is Half-Life 2, HL2 ep 1, HL2 ep 2, right?

14 hours ago, cubinator said:

Cool! The Black Mesa remake of Xen should be out this summer, so we might have to play that.

I'll probably do that soon. Is it like SpaceX naming scheme? The story order is Half-Life 2, HL2 ep 1, HL2 ep 2, right?

Yep. The story order is

Portal: Prelude (unofficial)-> tHL1 + HL1 Opposing Force + HL1 Blue Shift + HL1 Decay-> Portal -> HL2 -> HL2 Ep1 -> HL2 Ep2 -> Portal 2

Also, yeah, Black Mesa is really awesome. I just love Half-Life universe's story. Having its beginning in actual HD is awesome.

Reading about the Flying Scotsman made me want to play a train game. Picked up Railroad Tycoon 3 on Steam, I thought I owned it but found no trace of a disk. Old game but still good, only done the first campaign scenario so far.

On 03/04/2017 at 5:50 PM, horace said:

Minecraft, clash of clans and clash royale

WhatsApp and facebook youtube!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha ^^ fair enough' ^^

still doing some blender for cityskyline here, i m horribly rusted and slow without daily pratice ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

12 hours ago, cantab said:

Reading about the Flying Scotsman made me want to play a train game. Picked up Railroad Tycoon 3 on Steam, I thought I owned it but found no trace of a disk. Old game but still good, only done the first campaign scenario so far.

The aforementioned OpenTTD has a lot of trains in it, it's free (online open source) and is still being developed (by enthusiasts) over 20 years post-release.

I picked up Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. I know the game takes a lot of flak from fans of the previous Jagged Alliance games, and fair enough, but I've never played them and likely never will, since I'm not a fan of turn based combat.

Anyway, the game has been super fun so far. I've finally broken out of the NE corner of the map, which is as far as I've ever seen the game played. I really like the varied level design, and the combat is pretty solid (though I need a way to abandon reloading). I also decided to use the realistic re balancing mod out of the gate.

Current Squad:

Spoiler

2rctwlz.jpg

Nails, Fox, Wolf, Raider, Raven

Edited by Randox

On 4/7/2017 at 3:26 PM, cantab said:

Odd... There must be something in the air. I picked up Railroad Tycoon II on Steam yesterday and spent two hours getting reaquainted with it this evening. I recall liking it better than Railroad Tycoon 3 because you have to assign your train's consist yourself, rather than having the game do it automatically. It adds a level of complexity to optimizing the flow of goods, passengers and commodities around your rail network.

Edited by PakledHostage