5 hours ago, XLjedi said:

@adsii1970@5thHorseman  I have like 100+ games on my wishlist that I just wait out on the price.  

Rimworld is actually my number 1 ranked game on the "to buy" wishlist right now, but all of my top 5 will need to go on sale before I pick em up!

1. Rimworld
  2. Opus Magnum
  3. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  4. BATTLETECH
  5. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

[...]

I can highly recommend Rimworld, but I think the dev said it won't go on sale for quite a while. Although maybe that was longer ago than I remember. But it's worth it at full price, Rimworld is in my top 5 games. Only KSP and Factorio definitely beat it.

Opus Magnum is also fun, particularly if you tend to bounce off Zachtronics games like I do.

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I still have and Play games on my PS2!

I still play PS1 games. The graphics are pretty bad, but the games themselves are still awesome!

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I tried out CoD Modern Warfare on the Wii. Surprised to see that the multiplayer is still up and running, even though I only get games with like 3 people in them. 

I like the Wii. Good console. Goldeneye was excellent on the Wii.

57 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I can highly recommend Rimworld, but I think the dev said it won't go on sale for quite a while. Although maybe that was longer ago than I remember. But it's worth it at full price, Rimworld is in my top 5 games. Only KSP and Factorio definitely beat it.

Opus Magnum is also fun, particularly if you tend to bounce off Zachtronics games like I do.

As for Zachtronics, still playing Shenzhen I/O.   Factorio I may have to advance further up my wishlist chart.  I already had one that I thought was somewhat like it (Infinifactory) but it didn't keep my interest for too long.  If I ever get to the point that I have no unplayed games, and have become bored with them all...  I might then breakdown and pay extra for a game like Rimworld.

17 minutes ago, GDJ said:

I like the Wii. Good console. Goldeneye was excellent on the Wii.

So was Wii Sports (god help me if somebody utters a single note of the theme song I will go crazy  The games on it were really good. Baseball was my favourite. I can still remember my first 'Out of the park' when I was 7. I celebrated like mad!)

1 hour ago, XLjedi said:

As for Zachtronics, still playing Shenzhen I/O.   Factorio I may have to advance further up my wishlist chart.  I already had one that I thought was somewhat like it (Infinifactory) but it didn't keep my interest for too long.  If I ever get to the point that I have no unplayed games, and have become bored with them all...  I might then breakdown and pay extra for a game like Rimworld.

Factorio is less of a puzzle game, since there's infinite resources, and progress is limited by your factory's production capacity rather than arbitrary goals. Unfortunately, it also is not likely to go on sale in the foreseeable future.

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So was Wii Sports (god help me if somebody utters a single note of the theme song I will go crazy  The games on it were really good. Baseball was my favourite. I can still remember my first 'Out of the park' when I was 7. I celebrated like mad!)

Wii fit was pretty good with the Balance Board. Wii Yoga was strenuous enough for new users.

I got the finger wag from the female yoga instructor and a stern look. I fell over.

I've always hated splitting my attention between games, so absolutely nothing but KSP since I bought it at the end of May. This will continue until I get bored. Lately I have absolutely nothing to do at work but show up, so it's been 8-16 hours per day, almost everyday. I include in this quite a bit of time learning how Module Manager works and getting into editing code and textures to "fix" game and mod behavior I don't like.

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I actually still have the board. Unfortunately my cat has claimed it as her favourite sleeping spot during the day

:lol:

On 8/8/2018 at 9:48 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

(god help me if somebody utters a single note of the theme song I will go crazy 

duh duh duh duh d d d d       duh duh duh duh duuuuh d d 

EDIT: wait no thats the wrong one

Edited by guesswho2778

Five Nights at Freddy's. Despite the reasonably toxic community, I bought the whole bundle for NZ$8.99 recently. Pretty good value, interesting and scary with some creepy dark lore. 

I'm playing midway through the fifth game, where you are stuck in a room with a deactivated 'Freddy' robot and have to do maintanence. Definitely terrifying.

• 2 months later...

Even though it's older than dirt at this point, and I bought it several years ago on a sale, I just started playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.  I've tried before, but never really cared enough to power through the learning curve (It's clearly NOT made by the same mind that brought us the first game).  But I'm finally getting the hang of it, even though the UI is not very well put together.