• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:35 AM, Nivee~ said:

Factorio! It is so addictive! Most of the time it's just a wild battle against biters... i am waiting for the Mega-Biters to attack :D

If you're having trouble with biters, have you tried setting up piercing ammo production? They are more powerful than they look based just on damage because of the way armor works in the game. It's also super easy to just feed it right into your existing turret belts.

Slowly succumbing to Stellaris addiction.

In 2.2, robots are built really slowly.

But that neighboring alien empire looks like a promising source of forced labour... when do I get Nerve Stapling tech?

Some more Planet Coaster. I've now discovered it as a very calm and soothing game - if you come home from a stressful day, Planet Coaster is a fantastic option.

...Except for staff, which I don't quite get yet. For some reason everyone's... uhh... slightlyTM unhappy with inspecting and repairing the rides I build. To the point at which they want to quit and I'm just sitting there, asking myself what I could do.

4 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Wondering, those of you actively playing Elite Dangerous, where are you?  Having just visited the Coalsack, I'm currently out near HIP 105687  heading out to the Elephant's Trunk Nebula. LHS 3447 (Bluford Orbital) is where I call 'home'.

@LordFerret Just bought it three days ago: docked to Ackerman Market in the Eravate system, which is my home. Currently transferring my beginner Sidewinder (currently I have an Adder) from Worlidge to Ackerman, then off to Kremainn for a spot of courier-ing.

Edited by SiriusRocketry

6 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

@LordFerret Just bought it three days ago: docked to Ackerman Market in the Eravate system, which is my home. Currently transferring my beginner Sidewinder (currently I have an Adder) from Worlidge to Ackerman, then off to Kremainn for a spot of courier-ing.

I've moved up to an Adder as well.  Is it me, or does the Adder have some weird engine noises?  I'm familiar with your home base, been there several times, Kremainn too.  I had my heart set on a few goals, like reaching Sol, Vega, Sirius, Polaris, etc, but have since found many places require Permits... even the Horsehead Nebula.  Disappointed.  I don't know if Elephant's Trunk Nebula requires a Permit, I've not looked into it.  Guess I'll find out when I get there.

@SiriusRocketry @LordFerret or anybody else, I'm looking at Elite Dangerous on Steam and it's like $7 right now, but has about 10 DLC packs that make me cringe a bit. What DLC would you consider really important and is the game worth it if you never interact with others online, or even play while connected to the Internet?

Is the base game fine on its own or is all that DLC really all that necessary?

Edited by 5thHorseman

13 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

If you want to do anything but the combat sims, you must have an internet connection. Yes, even if you intend to play alone (in "solo" mode).

Can you hop on and off in the same save?

Like, play several hours offline, then go online and "sync up or whatever, and then play several hours online for the "fun" stuff, then go back offline etc?

I don't see why you'd need to be online while traveling across the galaxy, for example. Or mining or whatever.

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

Can you hop on and off in the same save?

Like, play several hours offline, then go online and "sync up or whatever, and then play several hours online for the "fun" stuff, then go back offline etc?

I don't see why you'd need to be online while traveling across the galaxy, for example. Or mining or whatever.

There aren't "saves," per se. Your account—one account per copy you bought—has a pilot profile. That contains all your data.

If you lose connection to FDev, you will be booted from the game, even in solo.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:48 AM, Delay said:

Since I got my new computer I was (finally) able to play NoLimits 2 again. It's a rollercoaster simulator. Here's something I'm currently working on, far from completion.
a9SAFcG.jpg
Don't think about the lack of good AA for too long. Strangely since the implementation of their new engine the options for it went from 2x, 4x, 8x, etc. to just "on" and "off". This is "on".

Nevertheless, the game can look quite good.
0pWMotc.jpg

That looks really cool.  Is this more just physics sim vs the theme park creation of Planet Coaster? I had looked at Planet Coaster, but it is the engineering that interests me more than the management stuff.

As for me....I'm learning Italian and decided to do that partially via games so I dove into my first RPG: Assassin's Creed II--I have the audio in Italian, and if I go back and play again (once I know the story), I'll have the subtitles in Italian as well.  It's a lot of fun, but wow, RPGs are real time commitments....

Edited by Klapaucius

5 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

There aren't "saves," per se. Your account—one account per copy you bought—has a pilot profile. That contains all your data.

If you lose connection to FDev, you will be booted from the game, even in solo.

Thank you for reminding me why I never bought the game. Such a shame because it looks about 100x better than No Man's Sky, which I bought because it did allow for that style of play.

7 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Subnautica, picked it up since it was free on the Epic games store. It's free from now till December 27th, 

I'd recommend it even if you don't normally like survival games.

Whoop whoop!  That's been on my Steam wishlist for ages awaiting a sale!  

@5thHorseman @0111narwhalz

The latest update just released has a codex, which I think connects all your findings and system discoveries with everyone else's.  Being all the different systems run economies, trade, wars (lots of political unrest between all the factions), biological plagues, etc, the game and its missions evolves real-time.  So yea, you need to be connected.

I've not looked into any of the DLC's (yet).  I just bought the basic game and ran with it from there, so I can't advise you about anything having to do with that.  I can tell you that even with just the basic game, I'm out there running all manner of missions (of my choosing) earning credits and upgrading my ship... which allows me to travel farther.