Since @Mad Rocket Scientist cottoned me on to the free giveaway of Subnautica, I have now spent 13 hours so far dying in all sorts of way: asphyxiation, starvation, dehydration, radiation poisoning, boiled alive, and being eaten--to name a few.  And, as  bonus,, having things I build get destroyed (sound familiar?)  It is a frustrating, maddening, discouraging and absolutely brilliant game.

But I do need to take a break before I rebuild my Sea Moth for the fourth time...

Edited by Klapaucius

2 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

But I do need to take a break before I rebuild my Sea Moth for the fourth time...

Sounds like you found Sammy the Safety Reaper. (The community has named all the large monsters in the game) You may want to invest in a hull reinforcement module for your seamoth, you need a base with a moonpool and a vehicle upgrade console in it.

22 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Sounds like you found Sammy the Safety Reaper. (The community has named all the large monsters in the game) You may want to invest in a hull reinforcement module for your seamoth, you need a base with a moonpool and a vehicle upgrade console in it.

Reveal hidden contents

Could you imagine if KSP's seas on Kerbin and Laythe looked like those?

8 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Could you imagine if KSP's seas on Kerbin and Laythe looked like those?

Nope nope nope. After Space Engineers and its three-year-long detour into planets, I have a violent reaction towards any sort of scope creep.

I got Subnautica for free too, and I have died too many times for me to count :D. I confronted the Reaper Leviathan in a seamoth and jumped off my seat with a yelp. I also found the Ghost Leviathan today! (Yes its as cool as it sounds!)

My only complaint is that I don't have a spear or a harpoon of sorts. And there's no Aquaman in that game. I want aquaman....

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, XLjedi said:

Been trying Interstellar Rift this week...  Makes me appreciate the SPH editor a LOT!  (still wish moving between the VAB and SPH didn't change-up on the controls)

Yes, I quoted myself... 

As of last night, I have a staggering 120 hrs now logged on this game.  Will see how the next 100 hrs goes, but this one has potential to be the KSP killer for me.

Funny thing...  its a sci-fi fantasy spaceship builder sandbox game that was designed around multiplayer from the start.  So guess what the community is talking about?  How the devs should maybe focus their time on single player and possibly just scrap multi-player.  LOL...  Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Not crazy about exposing my peaceful exploration and science vessel to the riggors of the PVP servers; I can't even kill the lowliest of PVE baddies yet.  ...but I will definitely be on the PVE server in the next week.  It's a little tough managing a Battlestar Galactica sized dreadnaught all by me lonesome self!  Not exagerating at all on the size of the craft that you can build in this engine.  My first ship is about on par with the size of an aircraft carrier with 3 distinct hull sections spanning 5 decks and so far, I only used the "small" and "medium" sized engines.

Anyone interested in Star Wars/Trek sci-fi capital ship multiplayer?

On 1/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, XLjedi said:

As of last night, I have a staggering 120 hrs now logged on this game.  Will see how the next 100 hrs goes, but this one has potential to be the KSP killer for me.

Anyone interested in Star Wars/Trek sci-fi capital ship multiplayer?

That's adorable. I hit 2000 In Space Engineers a while ago.
...... I may have had a problem for a while. :0.0:

Why yes, i am.

3 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

That's adorable. I hit 2000 In Space Engineers a while ago.
...... I may have had a problem for a while. :0.0:

Why yes, i am.

I quoted myself to note that it was a 120 hrs of gametime logged in about a 2 week timeframe. 

Not adorable... disturbing.  I had to put it down for a few days.

5 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

I quoted myself to note that it was a 120 hrs of gametime logged in about a 2 week timeframe. 

Not adorable... disturbing.  I had to put it down for a few days.

60 hours a week. Yeah, i think you have me beaten.

Ironically, i really don't play Space Engineers all that much anymore.

14 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

60 hours a week. Yeah, i think you have me beaten.

Ironically, i really don't play Space Engineers all that much anymore.

In my defense though...  I was on vacation with a head cold; so no incentive to leave the house.

• 2 weeks later...

Ace Combat 7.

In fact, I'm so soaked in it at home, the only time I can play KSP is if I can sneak time at work, and lately that's been impossible, so I'm kinda missing my space hotels and munar construction sites already. 

Still, Ace Combat. The one series guaranteed to put muh space program on pause. :cool:

I'm bouncing between Stellaris (and fighting with recent 2.2.3 update) and a cool game called One Hour One Life which is as the developer describes it:

"a multiplayer survival game of parenting and civilization building"

Disclosure: I'm in no way affiliated with the developer. He's a one-man band type out West somewhere who just makes a ton of quirky awesome games.

Edited by scottadges

8 hours ago, scottadges said:

I'm bouncing between Stellaris (and fighting with recent 2.2.3 update)

I’m slowly building up my deck of customs civs (OK, custom civs, but I do plan to play as a Trade League) to play against. Can’t stand the stock ones.

Edited by DDE

1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

Did you see the announcement about Subnautica: Below Zero early release on the 30th?

Yesss Finally!! I haven't completed the first one either :D I hope this one atleast gives me harpoons and spears ingame..

This weekend will be a good amount of the Anthem demo, probably.  I don't know much about it, but a friend gave me a token to get access to the demo this weekend.

Which means I'll need to boot into Windows.

Sigh.

The things we do for friendship.