I found that some friends started playing Rocket League. They didn't bother mentioning it to me because they all play it on the XBONE. But crossplay! So next Friday (Not this one sadly as I have plans) I'm going to - after a year of not touching it due to sucking fairly hard at it - I'll be playing car ball again.

Still playing Elite Dangerous.  Currently finishing up an exploration jaunt, about 20000ly so far, with another 6000ly left to go to get home...  I'm currently parked out on a world in NGC 3576 (Statue Of Liberty nebula).

Anyone else out there exploring?

Thanks to @Cydonian Monk, Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic. It's not the most friendly city-building game, but it's pretty satisfying. It's great how large the map is too.

EDIT:

u8omjaz.jpg

My primary export is fuel and bitumen, but as soon as the rail line is completed I can start exporting prefab panels, concrete, cement, and asphalt. Then I can start a steel mill and export steel too. Currently I import most of the oil for fuel, steel, and all the miscellaneous stuff for building cities and supporting people.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

8 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic. It's not the most friendly city-building game, but it's pretty satisfying

Satisfying is how I describe it at the moment. Once you find a way to get your exports set up (I've found electricity, coal, and spare fuel/bitumen to be the best early-game exports), and then set up domestic production of construction goods the game really starts to take hold. Soon your workers have built roads and apartments and whole cities ON THEIR OWN without outside resources. My current game grew from a Republic of 7,000 up to about 30k with a well developed mass transit system and everything. So very rewarding.

It scratches the same part of my brain as Dwarf Fortress.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

On 5/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, 5thHorseman said:

I found that some friends started playing Rocket League. They didn't bother mentioning it to me because they all play it on the XBONE. But crossplay! So next Friday (Not this one sadly as I have plans) I'm going to - after a year of not touching it due to sucking fairly hard at it - I'll be playing car ball again.

After about 30 minutes getting chat working (Did you know that all consoles flat out disable cross-chat? I do. Now. But there's an xbox live app for windows that allows for chatting that way. I doubt it'd work across 3 platforms but it did the trick for me) I had an absolute blast for 3+ hours in CAR BALL. It's likely going to be my Friday Night Default Thing To Do (TM) for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 11:29 PM, KSK said:

Dawn of Man?

Loved it, Thank you :)

I am in the copper age, and there are tons of raiders.. and I cant seem to get my village population beyond 50..

Years ago I played Aurora 4x for a short while. Never left the Sol. Now I made my first visit to a neighboring system. I jumped a small geo survey ship, no active sensors. A few months later I get a message. Something about nuclear explosion and ship systems failing.

I guess I should have expected something like that to occur in a system called Wolf 359.

Took a long break from KSP (over a year, maybe...? Since prior to 1.3.1 for sure).  Anyway, in that time I played several other games: Elite: Dangerous, Surviving Mars, Cities: Skylines, X3, X4, Pharoah, Children of the Nile, No Man's Sky, and Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast (Enhanced Edition - intend to finish and move on to BG2EE at some point).

Edited by MaxxQ

On 5/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, Nivee~ said:

Loved it, Thank you :)

I am in the copper age, and there are tons of raiders.. and I cant seem to get my village population beyond 50..

I find my population curve goes a bit sawtooth around the 50-70 mark. Unsure precisely how I got past it apart from patience and plenty of watchtowers. 

Glad you’re enjoying it though!

My current game is on Ancient Warriors (?) setting. It’s been interesting - you start in the Neolithic so your tech is relatively advanced and you can progress to farming and herding fairly quickly. The problem is that you also start with the usual handful of villagers, so task management is rather more tricky.

Hitman 2. The variety of ways to take down your targets is brilliant. A chandelier mysteriously fell on the target. Another one's drink was somehow poisoned, and a third just tripped and fell from a balcony. 

Spoiler

I didn't in any way at all be involved in these, completely innocent, blameless, just a random bystander

On 6/1/2019 at 5:16 AM, MaxxQ said:

over a year, maybe...? Since prior to 1.3.1 for sure

That would be about two years.

I would know. I almost had the 1.6 install in the bag, but then I got a new laptop...

Imagine Earth devs are looking for some more active Beta-Builds tester.
and as i remain that stable build old grumpy guy xD
Feel free to get in touch with "Jens" over the game steam forum/sub forum(<= preferably) for more details.

Really cool game concept with the ecologic balance, global warming, ocean level change and all and etc.

Peace , )

Edit: since the trailer many UI thing, building and planet graphics been enhanced

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
vid link

I've been totally addicted to Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection on my phone. If you love picross puzzles and have an Android or IOS phone get it NOW. It's free and does not have any ads on IOS, and only image ads for Konami games on Android. It has maybe 1000 puzzles, ranging from laughably easy (for only the first 50-100) to quite challenging (I'm 40% done and each puzzle takes quite a bit of thinking). And the interface is top-notch. One of the best I've ever experienced and easily the best among free games.

And if you don't know what picross puzzles are, get it and find out. they're a blast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 5:36 PM, WinkAllKerb'' said:

Imagine Earth devs are looking for some more active Beta-Builds tester.
and as i remain that stable build old grumpy guy xD
Feel free to get in touch with "Jens" over the game steam forum/sub forum(<= preferably) for more details.

Really cool game concept with the ecologic balance, global warming, ocean level change and all and etc.

Peace , )

Edit: since the trailer many UI thing, building and planet graphics been enhanced

This planet looks like a planet from Spore .-.